-Caveat Lector-

XX DRUDGE REPORT EXCLUSIVE XX SATURDAY, AUGUST 07, 1999 18:59:25 ET XX

CHINESE MILITARY BOOK ADVOCATES TERRORISM, COMPUTER WARFARE IN
'WAR OF THE FUTURE' AGAINST AMERICA

According to publishing sources, the Sunday WASHINGTON POST will
feature an explosive front page article exploring a new book by
two Chinese colonels who advocate "terrorism, narcotics
trafficking, drug smuggling, environmental degradation and
computer viruses" as methods to defeat America in the "war of the
future"!

POST reporter John Pomfret was granted a rare interview in
Beijing with Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, the authors of
"Unrestricted War" -- both of whom express a deep fear of an
America that imposes its ways around the world through various
methods including war.

"If today you impose your value systems on a European country,
tomorrow you can do the same to Taiwan or Tibet," Wang Xiangsui,
a member of the Chinese air force, told the POST.

"We are a weak country,'' Xiangsui said, "so do we need to fight
according to your rules? No... War has rules but those rules are
set by the West, but if you use those rules then weak countries
have no chance. But if you use non-traditional means to fight,
like those employed by financiers to bring down financial
systems, then you have a chance."

In all, "Unrestricted War" describes 24 unconventional forms of
warfare which the two militarymen advocate should be used in
multiple combinations.

"We realized that if China's military was to face off against the
United States, we would not be sufficient. So we realized that
China needs a new strategy to right the balance of power,"
Xiangsui told Pomfret.

Liang and Xiangsui write in their book that "Unrestricted War is
a war that surpasses all boundaries and restrictions... It takes
non-military forms and military forms and creates a war on many
fronts. It is the war of the future."

DEVELOPING HOT...

X X X X X

           Kaddish, Kaddish, Kaddish, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.