-Caveat Lector-
Someone wrote:

> About a dozen senators have signed on to support the Methamphetamine
> Anti-Proliferation Act, but its primary leaders are Dianne Feinstein, a
> California Democrat and longtime Internet regulatory enthusiast, and
> Orrin Hatch, the arch-conservative Utah Republican who chairs the Senate
> Judiciary committee.
>
> If the measure becomes law, it will create a new federal felony --
> punishable by a fine and three years in prison -- that covers Web pages
> that link to sites with information about where to buy "drug
> paraphernalia" such as roach clips, bowls, and bongs.

snip

> Groups fighting for drug legalization are also upset about a second
> portion of the Hatch-Feinstein bill. It creates another felony,
> punishable by up to 10 years in the federal pen, banning distribution
> "by any means" of information about "the manufacture or use of a
> controlled substance" if the recipient might use it to get high.

If this bill becomes law, I can't see it surviving for long once it reaches the
Supreme Court. Why the meatheads in Washington keep passing laws that are obviously unconstitutional is beyond my comprehension.

> "It is yet another illustration of politicians trying to escalate a war
> they can't win," says David Boaz, vice president of the libertarian Cato
> Institute. "The dirty little secret that maybe nobody has told Dianne
> Feinstein is that it's not very hard to grow marijuana."

I am more concerned about reports our keepers have developed a fungus that will attack and kill hemp plants worldwide. That would violate the rights of countries where hemp is a legal crop. I also wonder about the consequences of deliberately eliminating an entire species of plant. If the keepers succeed, will they then begin to develop agents to destroy our food crops in order to better control the underlings?
Kathleen

I believe that every individual is naturally entitled to do as
he pleases with himself and the fruits of his labor, so far as
it in no way interferes with any other men's rights. - Abraham Lincoln