-Caveat Lector-

THURSDAY
AUGUST 19
1999

----
 China's silent invasion

----

© 1999 WorldNetDaily.com

Mexico's top drug trafficking cartel, run by the Arellano Felix brothers in
Tijuana, is working closely with the Chinese. According to Jamie Dettmer,
writing in the August 23 issue of Insight magazine, ships arriving in Mexico
from China may contain "more than illegal immigrants." The Chinese are
pumping people and supplies into Mexico, and the cargo is considered so
sensitive that it is "often under the apparent protection of Chinese and
Mexican naval vessels."
American authorities are helpless, as usual, to block this strategic
smuggling operation on our southwest border. America is helpless because
President Clinton will not support improved border controls, and he won't
get tough with the Mexican government. Clinton's immigration policy can be
characterized as appeasement of the Mexicans, appeasement of the Chinese and
a "who cares?" attitude.

But why should Americans worry about large Chinese smuggling operations on
our southwest border? After all, it's probably only drugs and illegal
immigrants. And if people want to destroy their lives with heroin or
cocaine, why waste money trying to stop them? And if immigrants want to come
here, why not welcome them?

Setting aside the issue of dangerous drugs and illegal immigration, the
reason we should worry about drug and alien smuggling into this country, and
the reason that no effort should be spared in making our borders
impenetrable, is because nuclear and biological weapons can be smuggled into
the country by the same routes that illegal narcotics are smuggled.
According to Colonel Stanislav Lunev, highest ranking defector from the Main
Intelligence Directorate of the Russian General Staff, narcotics trafficking
is a way of establishing secure pathways into the United States. If there is
a hole in our border due to corruption by drug traffickers, that hole can be
used to ship more than narcotics. It can be used to ship suitcase nuclear
bombs.

With illegal immigration there is an additional concern. The Russian and
Chinese general staffs have long been fascinated by Hitler's invasion of
Norway. In that invasion German combat units entered Norway disguised as
civilians. Once on Norwegian soil they deployed to sites where uniforms and
weapons were waiting. Entire German combat units were able to invade Norway
without having to fight their way up beaches. The country was penetrated in
depth at the outset.

Laugh if you like, but the United States is not invincible. If an alliance
of relatively weak countries intended to defeat the United States in a war,
they would have to take advantage of every potential avenue of attack. The
open U.S. border to the south is an obvious weak point. In a typical war
scenario, after a general nuclear exchange, thousands of Chinese soldiers
pre-deployed to Mexico could move across the border and grab key points.
Therefore, Chinese and Mexican warships escorting Chinese shipments to Baja
California should raise a red flag.

OK, perhaps it is only narcotics trafficking today. But some day it could be
turned into something more. And that fact makes the problem absolutely
intolerable from a national security standpoint.

Ironically, Clinton has declared a state of national emergency because of
the threat of nuclear and biological terrorism on American soil. Executive
Order 12938 was issued on Nov. 14, 1994. Unfortunately this laughable "state
of emergency" -- which hardly anyone knows about -- cannot do much as long
as our borders are easily penetrated.

A few years ago I happened to interview a Mexican gun runner. He bragged
about his contacts in the Mexican underworld. With a loaded gun lying on the
table, he philosophized in broad Marxist generalities, hinting at the
liberation of Mexico, the liberation of the poor and downtrodden peoples of
the Southwest. He also mentioned his Cuban "friends" and contacts. He spoke
of the day when suburban America would be exterminated. "These people are
living in a dream world," he told me. He laughed at America's politicians
and bureaucrats.

There is a pattern in all of this. Gun running and drug smuggling along
America's southern border is not merely criminal. There is a political and
ideological component which has long been ignored. There should be little
doubt: when terrorism overtakes us, drug traffickers and gun runners will
have played a key role.

>From a strategic standpoint, Mexico sits at our soft underbelly. Any country
waging war with the United States would covet a secret alliance with Mexico.
Such an alliance would open an avenue of attack. For this reason alone the
participation of Mexican warships in Chinese smuggling operations should put
us on guard. But the president will not do anything. He will not act.

Meanwhile, China is actively attempting to secure control of the Panama
Canal. According to Admiral Thomas Moorer, former Chairman of the Joint
Chiefs of Staff, "If we proceed along our present course, by the end of this
year, on December 31st, Communist China will become the de facto new owners
and rulers of the Panama Canal."

They are weeping with laughter in Beijing at our shopping mall society and
its flabby reflexes. One can only guess the jokes that pass between
officials of the People's Liberation Army. The Americans are pathetic. They
are weak. They are decadent. Ha, ha, ha.

Why has there been no reaction in Congress? Why hasn't anybody launched a
campaign to force the government to defend the national security?

As President Coolidge once said, "The business of America is business."
Behind our Congress there exists huge financial interests. And the People's
Republic of China (PRC) and its agents of influence have neutralized our
national security by directly appealing to American big business. According
to the Cox Report: "The PRC's massive consumer market is the key factor
behind the willingness of some U.S. businesses to risk and tolerate
technology transfers."

The logic of this applies to both our big corporations and the national
government in Washington. The linkages are clear. According to the Cox
report, "The People's Republic of China (PRC) has stolen classified
information on all of the United States' most advanced thermonuclear
warheads."

This is no lucky hit. The methods for penetrating U.S. institutions have
been well worked about by the Chinese. They have found a way into us. They
merely exploit our greed.

The Chinese have demonstrated, time and time again, that they will stop at
nothing to turn the tables on us. If anyone doubts the threat they
represent, consider the success they have enjoyed in stealing everything
that is nailed down. This type of success proves that the U.S. is actually
much weaker than it appears. This weakness can be found in the White House
and in Congress. If we had real leaders, strong and decisive steps would
have been taken long ago. Instead, we get weak words and ineffectual
actions.

Perhaps Chairman Mao was right when he said that "America is a paper tiger."

----

J.R. Nyquist is a WorldNetDaily contributing editor and author of 'Origins
of the Fourth World War.'

----

----