-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 08/21/1999 12:57:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 In April 1999 the Justice Department decided not to prosecute Deutch but
 recommended that the CIA review Deutch's continued suitability to hold
 high-level security clearances. Justice concluded Deutch's security lapses
 were reckless rather than criminal. >>

How understanding of them.   Any security lapses by a man in Deutch's
position are criminal.  You folks were all really sure that any military man
who committed adultery would be tossed out of the military.  That certainly
isn't true or there would not be anyone in the military, but I can assure you
that any military man who put classified military material on his home
computer would be booted out, and possibly go to jail for a considerable
time.  Our Chinese friend simply took them to a more convenient workplace.
Deutch took them where there was no protection whatsoever.  His maid could
have downloaded the material.    It gets even worse when they say they were
using him as a consultant.  Consultants like that we should wish onto our
enemies.  Prudy