-Caveat Lector-

Yardbird <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-

It was a deliberate hoax:

http://www.idchip.com/s1/experiment/whatis.htm

What is the "IDchip Experiment"?

The IDchip experiment was the embodiment of millennial angst as I saw it.
Furthermore, I could not restrain myself from making it as much a humor site
as anything else. The IDchip Experiment site was so loaded with end-times,
conspiracy and mark of the beast references that I thought there was no way
anyone would actually take it seriously, and more so when you consider how
low-tech was the webdesign and how cursorily the chip and the company were
described.. In light of the fact that some did apply, the IDchip experiment
(though conducted more like an art project than a scientific one)
inadvertently became a study of the concerns of privacy advocates in regard to
the public's willingness to sell their privacy up the river to a weirdo idea.
To learn more about the subject matter, click on "Show me the IDchip website"
on the previous page.

I am not a person who is expecting the book of Revelations to be fulfilled,
but this experiment has demonstrated to me that it is much more plausible than
I had previously  thought (at least the part about the mark of the beast
anyway.)

I'm glad we have paranoid privacy advocates. (although, ironically, they were
the ones trying the hardest to pry into my private accounts to discover my
identity). I regret that many people were put off by this project, but like so
many others, if they had just studied it closer they would have realized that
it was a spoof. The real cause of their agitation is not this project, but
rather their unwillingness to observe carefully.

==============

Q.E.D.

=================================
Robert F. Tatman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Remove "nospam" from the address to reply.

NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in
receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For

more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

POSTING THIS MESSAGE TO THE INTERNET DOES NOT IMPLY PERMISSION TO SEND
UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL (SPAM) TO THIS OR ANY OTHER INTERNET ADDRESS.
RECEIPT OF SPAM WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION OF THE SENDER'S ISP.

http://webmail.netscape.com.