-Caveat Lector-

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:15:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:  The Weird World Of Vince Foster -- Buddy & Me on Public TV

I was invited down to KERA-TV tonight (one of the two area PBS
stations) to be part of a show on Y2K.  I had been a questioner
during the previous Y2K show in this series about 18 months ago
and I guess they decided to have me back for this show.
[Warning -- Sprunt "buries the lead" in this post, exactly as
usual!]

There was a formal panel of four (one of whom I had done some
work for years ago -- I didn't know he was going to be on the
panel) and then there was a second group of people who questioned
the four penalists or made comments about what the panelists had
said on the air (actually, the show was taped and will air
sometime in October -- apparently it will be picked up by a
number of US PBS stations) when invited to do so by Dennis
McCuistion the host/producer (I've known Dennis and his wife
Nikki for some years -- very good folks -- they have a PBS-TV
series out of Dallas/Dentor -- KERA/KDTN public TV stations in
this area).

OK, so far, so good.  No surprises.

During the show, I asked the regional head of the FDIC a question
and he confirmed I was correct in my belief (he then explained
why it didn't make any difference that I was right:  The
question:  Isn't it true that under the statutes and regulations
goverening banks and S&Ls -- FDIC/FSLIC -- that the monthly
statement mailed to a savings or checking account holder carries
NO weight re "proving up" the amount in one's account on the
statement date?  The Amazing, IMHO Answer, which the FDIC
confirmed on the show: Yes, but . .  .).

Guess who turned out to be the person in my group of
commenters/questioners who was seated to my left (closet to me,
but separated by a few feet)?

Buddy Young, Clinton's security man when Clinton was Governor
and, as many of you know, the Regional Director of FEMA for our
region of the US (there are ten FEMA regions across the US and
Buddy Young was there in his official capacity).

We did not get a chance to interact before the show since I
didn't notice he was there sitting a few feet from me and (I
assume!) he didn't know I was there either (we had not "met"
until tonight).

The fun part came during the rolling of the credits (we're on the
air -- or on the tape -- but I don't think you can hear anything
Dennis or anyone else was saying since the show just asks the
audience to hold still while the camera is on the audience and
the group of questioners/commenters during the 45 seconds or so
the credits are rolling).

Anyway, during the credit roll, Dennis is talking to the panel,
the audience, and the sub-group I was in -- just killing time
while we're on camera just before the end of the show, and Dennis
says:  well, we didn't get to hear much from Hugh Sprunt tonight,
but he is a man who knows a lot of about Y2K and a lot about many
other things too (this is close to what Dennis said, but not a
quote). . .  In fact, Hugh is one of the experts on the death of
Vince Foster and right over here we have Buddy Young who was
Governor Clinton's Chief of Security (which everyone knew since
Dennis had commented on Buddy Young's Clinton affliation while
asking him re FEMA and Y2K).  I imagine you two have heard of
each other . . .  (again, this is the gist, not a quote of what
Dennis said).

I didn't say anything -- unusual for me as those who know me will
attest! -- but Buddy Young replied -- loud enough for Dennis, me,
and everyone else there to hear, something like:  oh yeah, I know
him. . . (or maybe: I know about/of him or some such. didn't get
the exact wording).

After the credits, several people in the audience come up to me
to say hi (the one panelist whom I knew, another person -- he
knew Chris Ruddy -- and some folks who want to talk about or ask
me about Y2K).

Anyway, for two-three minutes, I see Buddy Young hanging at the
back of this little group like he has a few words he wants to
tell me (I've never written any articles that mention Buddy
Young, mostly because there is nothing in the official record
that particularly links him to the Foster death or the
surrounding events). . .

I made quick eye contact with him and vice versa, but the folks
who were queued up to chat with me meant that he would have
either had have pushed through them to get to me right away (or
vice versa).

Anyway, I finished up chatting in turn with these three or four
folks, but before I could get finished, Buddy Young had left.

I assume (though I can't be sure) that he had a comment or two
for me a propos of Dennis McCuisition's little informal comments
to the audience about us during the credit roll, but I don't know
for sure.

Anyway, stranger than fiction. . . (The whole thing was
completely unanticipated by yours truly.)

When I left the station (walking out with a professor who was one
of the formal panelists) I looked around (hum) for Buddy Young,
but didn't see him in the parking lot.  [Question -- does a
Regional FEMA director rate a personal security man?  That
thought crossed my mind as I was walking out.]

When I drove out of the KERA lot, without really thinking about
it (you'll have to trust me on this!), I went into an overt
technique to throw off a vehicle tail (you go the wrong way down
a one way street -- one that doesn't have many cars on it,
hopefully -- for a few hundred yards and then do a quick U-turn).

That sometimes will throw a tail and will certainly flush the
tail (if he follows you the wrong way down the one-way street,
which usually happens).

It wasn't paranoia or anything.

How could it be when I just did it without thinking about it (for
those of you who know Dallas, I did a right off Wolf Street right
by KERA to head north on the major southbound lanes that take you
toward the Dallas Tollway)  and then U-ied left immediatly before
the roadway split.

Anyway, a little bed-time story for CAS.  Like we all learn at
DisneyWorld, It's a small world after all. . .

Warm regards,
Hugh S.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.