Subject: Where is Robert Rubin now?
From: deepshooter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 August 1999 10:10 PM EDT

    Riddle: How many billions of IMF money will have to disappear before
the Media mentions Robert Rubin?  You remember him, don't you?  We were
constantly reminded how brilliant he was, how competent, how clever, how
successful, how indispensable.  Well, it seems that he spent most of his
time as Secretary of the Treasury making a pitch for billions in loans
to Russia.  He, and his equally brilliant sidekick Lawrence Summers,
insisted that all IMF loans to Russia should be in the complete control
of their good and trusted friend, Anatole Chubais, even though they had
a report from the FBI as early as 1995 that Chubais was part of the
Russian crime syndicates. When $4.8 billion disappeared like morning fog
and US Congressmen started complaining, Rubin and his team assured
everyone that it was all an innocent mistake, crap happens sometimes,
not to worry, Rubin and his hound dogs were on the job.  They insisted
that another $4.5 billion would be needed to solve the problem.  The
helpless toadies in Congress naturally went along.  Today we know that
Chubais, Chernomyrdin, and other bigwigs in the Yeltsen "Family" have
gotten away with $15 billion right under Rubin's nose, using a New York
bank to pull off the deal.  Let's have a show of hands--who thinks Rubin
(and, of course, Clinton)was in on the scam?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
=====