-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Tatman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >Scientific Correctness Survey... ARE STRICT VEGETARIANS ALLOWED TO EAT
> >BACTERIA? We heard from vivacious, voracious carnivores, omnivores, and
> >all varieties of vegetarians ranging from strict vegans to one woman who
> >ranted about asparagus being "morally not a vegetable."
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Well, if *asparagus* doesn't have the guts to be a vegetable, WHAT ABOUT
> ARTICHOKE?? Hey--ya gotta have heart!

Then there's 1) the joke about Ronald Reagan's favorite vegetable being
Jim Brady, 2) the debate over whether tomatoes are veggies or fruit, and
3) the Reagan White House categorizing catsup as a vegetable.  One might
extrapolate to the conclusion that Reaganite Republicans are morally
vegetables, although rarely vegetarian.  As for artichokes, well, I must
admit that when I put artichokes on a pizza, or in a creamy pesto sauce
with chicken to plop down on pasta or gnocchi, I have carnivorous intent.
Like Jimmy Carter, I have sinned in my heart, but not in the artichoke's
heart - THAT, I've devoured.  I'll probably do that again tomorrow night.
And nobody here can stop me, NOBODY, d'ya hear me!?!?!?!  Yeah, I'll do
a real garlicky cilantro /feta pesto, toast the chicken breasts, gnurl
the gnocchi, pour on the artichokes, and I'll EAT THEIR DAMN HEARTS OUT!!
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!  <bzzzt>  Ouch - damn implants...