-Caveat Lector-

----------
> From: ric carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: PsychoSpy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Skeptics list
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; SkeptiChat list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
Conspiracy Theory list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [InTheShadows] Skeptic News - Wednesday #1
> Date: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 10:40 AM
>
> From: "ric carter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> # Suicide link to cholesterol. (BBC) People with low cholesterol levels
are
>   more prone to suicide and depression. Butter up those fried eggs &
bacon:
>   http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_435000/435305.stm

I knew it!!! Man, will these conspiracies to keep us from optimal health
and the perfected BLT never stop!

> # 'French Paradox' a health myth. BARCELONA (UPI) The so-called "French
>   Paradox" a lower incidence of heart disease despite typical Western
>   risk factors for disease might just be an error, stemming from a fluke
>   in health reporting. Many more French men die from alcohol-related
>   causes before they have the opportunity to die of heart disease.
>   Merde: http://news.excite.com/news/u/990830/16/health-heart-paradox

We tend to think of the French diet as the rich meals consumed in Paris.
Having lived in Paris I can attest to the fact that the food there can be
very rich and um-um good.  However, the subjects in this study came from
more rural areas with a more balanced diet - if my memory servers me -
which it usually doesn't.