-Caveat Lector-

----Original Message Follows----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Waco's Wacko.
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 10:23:08 EDT

Responding off-list again, don't wish to air this using my alotted
posts...you can and will do what you want.

You wrote-YOU, on the other hand, don't seem to
need this multitude of questions answered in order to KNOW that everything
the FBI has said on this case just HAS to be true.

---I don't KNOW that everything the feds say regarding Waco is true...and
methinks you are extrapolating my comments out of context.
Maybe the feds were overzealous but why are you and your ilk coddling the
kook??
i respond:
there is nothing but ashes to coddle.  as far as my "ilk," i am only
responsible for my own actions and words.  i am not responsible for what
anyone else does or says.
Is he not responsible for his predicament?
i respond:
as much as anyone is responsible for being the target of a media event.
Didn't he refuse to surrender?
i respond:
no he did not.  i was one of the few, seemingly, that actually paid
attention to the coverage as it happened and i specifically recall CNN
reporting that Koresh said he would come out if he could address the nation
first.  obviously, he felt he would be misrepresented if not allowed to
represent himself.  also, he tried to have the phone lines re-hooked up so
as to talk and his requests were refused.
Wasn't he
porking the little girls in his cult?
i respond:
no more than Loretta Lynn was "porked" when she got married.  no one came
after her husband with tanks.
His character is at issue here...and his character is aberrant, to say the
least..

Bill.