-Caveat Lector-

On 5 Sep 99, at 8:25, Prudence L. Kuhn wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 09/05/1999 3:10:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> Well to link this together the way it happens for me is this.  I
> can't see how Clinton in or out of the White House or anybody else
> for that matter being in the White House is going to stop the murder
> of the innocent the next time our law enforcement agencies of one
> kind or another decide to "SWAT" whomever they want as a target.  I
> would think that the purpose of finally getting our Government to
> admit they committed murder at WACO is to stop it from happening
> again.  They've committed this same kind of thing under other
> presidents.  On lesser or greater scales this has happened again and
> again for some time.  I don't like it, and I want it to stop.
> Whether its a Republicrat or a Democan sitting in the White House
> will not make the difference I want to see.  Prudy

We're in agreement here, with the exception that I haven't totally
given up hope that somehow we might elect someone with
a) a different world view, and/or
b) a conscience.
Either one of these might result in a prohibition of this kind of
murdurous exhibition.

A Congress and a Senate with the cajones to exercise proper
oversight, blackmail and threats be damned, would help too, but I
guess that really is just a pipe dream.

Kathleen

Thought for the day:
It is impossible to distinguish, from a distance, whether the
bureaucrats associated with your project are simply sitting on their
hands, or frantically trying to cover their asses. If you observe a
bureaucrat closely enough to make the distinction above, he will
react to your observation by covering his ass.