-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ric carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 1999 9:40 AM
Subject: cripes

> On Cripes:
> My wife's from the Midwest. Very nice people there.
> Very wholesome.

Yes, the KKK started in Kansas, is strong in Indiana.

> They use words like, 'Cripes'. 'For Cripe's sake.' Who
> would that be, Jesus Cripe's? The son of 'Gosh' of the
> church of 'Holy Moly'? I'm not making fun of it. You
> think I wanna burn in 'Heck'?

Probably.  But I digress.  The Midwest seems to foster a
strange conspiracy of euphemism, a denaturing of English/
American language, to render it bland and tasteless, like
the Midwestern culinary diet.  This masks an underlying
bitterness, a horrendous subconscious monster that devours
the soul.  Poor sods.  No wonder their kids turn Satanist.