-Caveat Lector-

>From The American Partisan
americanpartisan.com

> [...]
> Clinton retracted the EO in the face of protest.
>
> Unfortunately, he might strike again on federalism -- that is, if he even needs
> to.
>
> Clinton's PDD 25 allows him to put American soldiers in the command of the
> United Nations. EO 12919 established an industrial resources preparedness plan
> that gives the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) direction over private
> industry. More recent EOs have undermined the internet's freedom to operate and
> have allowed us to be further regulated by international organizations.
>
> More than any other, EO 12656, "Assignment of Emergency Preparedness
> Responsibilities," already gives Mr. Bill the dictatorial powers he wants. It
> gives federal agencies the power to command all law enforcement. It puts local
> policeman to work for the United Nations. It allows for any citizen's assets to
> be frozen and travel rights rescinded. Of course, these horrible controls are
> contingent on the occurrence of a "national emergency."
>
> Since the "national emergency" is declared by the president, one imagines that
> some pretty bad things could lie ahead. A "Y2K" problem, real or contrived,
> might be enough cover for Clinton to call a "national emergency." Under PDD 63,
> Clinton's administration created the Infrastructure Protection Agency
> specifically to "manage" any problems next year. Agencies that would aid in the
> saving of America are only those incorruptible institutions including the Secret
> Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Department of Defense --
> agencies that are proper for warfare and police action.
>
> Even if Bill Clinton never uses his emergency powers, who can one trust with
> dictatorial powers? Al Gore? Surely not the son of an ex-CIA director who wrote
> a few EOs of his own, George W. Bush? After all, EO 12565 was written by a
> Republican administration.
>
> Ronald Reagan's legacy is looking more wobbly every day. Any president who would
> issue an executive order for anything beyond a cheese-and-pepperoni pizza
> deserves scrutiny. Any president who would grant himself, his successors, and
> the extra-constitutional UN so much power should impeached.
>
> Of course, time runs one way. Citizens of 1999 have to live with the fact that
> we are governed by over 13,000 executive orders in addition to that legislative
> tool of tyranny, the US Code. The people need to be educated about what powers
> their president has acquired. Reading the text of the executive orders should
> give them the courage they need to demand the impeachment of future executive
> miscreants. The sooner the truth is known, the sooner America can rid itself
> this post-constitutional hangover.
>
> JOIN THE DEBATE!CLICK HERE TO EXPRESS YOUR LOVE OR OUTRAGE WITH THIS ARTICLE!
>

> --------
>
> Michael R. Allen is Senior Editor and a regular columnist for the American

<<And why would anyone want to tamper with the 2nd amendment?  Planning
ahead?>>

A<>E<>R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said
it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your
own reason and your common sense." --Buddha
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled
one is truly vanquished. -Johann Christoph Schiller,
                                       German Writer (1759-1805)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that
prevents us from living freely and nobly. -Bertrand Russell
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Everyone has the right...to seek, receive and impart
information and ideas through any media and regardless
of frontiers."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will
teach you to keep your mouth shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway
Forwarded as information only; no endorsement to be presumed
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.