-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 99-09-08 21:26:37 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I responded to your post on NLP before reading its entirety, having assumed
>that the first 3 paragraphs were the gist of the post.  I see after going
>through your post again that you acknowledge that NLP CAN be used in a
>beneficial way and so I apologize for being a little quick on the draw.

S'okay.  I do tend to be a stickler on some subjects.  NLP has some good
techniques, if understood and applied properly, but it's certainly not the
only or even best tool in the toolshed for hypnotherapists (emphasis on
THERAPISTS, accredited professionals.).  I'm a tough critic of manipulators
(most marketers of "systems" tend to fall into that class, as I've said) and
almost as tough a critic of "True Believers" -- "guru-hoppers" as well as
monomaniac devotees of ANY system as THE System That Will CHANGE Your Life!
Like I said, I still have most of the NLP texts on my shelf, alongside
Virginia Satir's "Conjoint Therapy," Gestalt therapy works, etc., but
regretfully, no longer a full Erickson technical library.  As information,
each of these, even NLP, can contribute something to one's wider repertoire.
But the usefulness of any tool, IMHO, still depends on the tool-USER, and
especially his/her motives:  "In the right hands, even the wrong method
succeeds; in the wrong hands, even the right method fails" --Zen proverb.