-Caveat Lector-

FYI,
Bard

-----Original Message-----
From: Slick Willie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 1999 10:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Patriot_Net] Intrusions

From: "Slick Willie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, since this seems to be the place (according to the intro
message) to "vent steam" here goes.  I thought I might list just a few
of the ways gov't has imposed itself (in my opinion unlawfully) into
our lives.

Recent e-bay scandal: I learned from that that selling your own body
parts is against the law.  I can understand there being a law against
selling someone else's body parts, but it seems to me that if you're
stupid enough to sell your own, go for it.

Finance:  I believe it's "unlawful" to have more than $10,000 currency
on your person unless Uncle Sam knows about it.  Isn't that intrusive?

How about this one: Some states make the mobile use of scanners
illegal.  Since when does any gov't agency, state or otherwise, have
any right to tell me what I can and can't listen to in my car?

Then there is the PGP/Encryption issue.  Sure, give the gov't a key to
all your messages.... a little payoff money there maybe? Europeans
getting trade secets? Go to
http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19990518S0004

I'll have more as I think of them....

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson, 1787