-Caveat Lector-

At 04:52 AM 9/27/99 EDT, Das GOAT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -Caveat Lector-
>
>     "``The value of this new law is not so much that police can seize your
>guns [if you're a "nut"},' said Connecticut representative Lawlor, sponsor of
>the state law..
>     "``It gives police a system to investigate a person who poses a
>potential threat. The police can now look into a person's behavior and
>prevent future tragedy by intervening.''
>

>Law Targets Dangerous Gunowners
>
>By ADAM GORLICK
>.c The Associated Press

Memo to the Doofusses of America:

The value of the new law is that it allows the regime to institute fascism.

A recent incident in California was publicized on a local talk program.

Police knocked on the door of a citizen in a small town near the Bay area.
The man of the house answered and stepped outside to talk to talk
to the officers.

The Police said: "We have had a report of domestic violence at this
address.  Could we see your drivers license.  The man went inside the
house to get it.  THE POLICE OFFICERS FOLLOWED HIM INTO THE HOUSE.

("Warrant? We don' hab no stinken' warrant!")

On display in the front hallway was a legal firearm.  The police confiscated
the firearm based on the report of suspected "domestic violence".

The man's wife declined to file a file a report of "domestic violence".

The man was charged with being in possession of a firearm unlawfully,
a felony, and has spent $20,000 on legal expenses.

The origin of the original report of "domestic violence" was from a neighboring
police jurisdiction.  The neighboring police jurisdiction will not provide
information
on the source of the complaint.

The gunowner believes the source of the complaint was someone who objected
to his outspoken positions on a local political issue, and the "complaint" to
the neighboring police jurisdiction was a pure setup and political harrassment.

An object lesson in how the neo-Bolsheviks are using "gun laws, hate laws,
domestic violence laws", and every other non-Constitutional social theory
to implement a true fascist society.

DBC