-Caveat Lector-

>According to the Salon article, Harris and Klebold "were never part of the
>Trench Coat Mafia," the affinity group identified by the media that was
>allegedly known throughout Columbine for unorthodox behavior and
>appearance.  Indeed, after the shooting a number of schools across the
>country banned the long coats and instituted dress and appearance codes
>against dyed hair or unusual behavior.  "They didn't target jocks,
>minorities or Christians," adds the Salon story.  "As investigators get
>closer to producing an official report about the Columbine High School
>massacres, it is clear that much of what was reported last spring about
>the motives and methods of killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold was
untrue..."

The good news, I suppose, is that the interval between LIES told us by the
state-owned media and the TRUTH finally uncovered by the American public is
getting shorter. Six months for Columbine, as versus 6 years for Waco, 60 (?)
for the JFK assassination.

It's still too long, however.  Six months is more than enough time for the
State to stir up mass-hysteria and then, while Billy Joe and Bobby June
Sixpack are still in a paranoid haze, move in quickly seizing this "window of
opportunity" to justify extreme ("overkill") repressive measures that a
sober, rational, un-mindfucked citizenry would never tolerate -- in this
case, "gun control" (while the State is arming itself to the teeth against
US!).

But can we hope for any better?  It's been claimed that Twenty-nothings (the
TRUE "television generation," raised with little awareness of life outside
"virtual reality") have an attention- and interest-span of five minutes or
less and their judgment is a product of short-term memory.  IMHO, the
attention- and interest-span of most Baby Boomers, the
"I-Want-It-ALL-and-I-Want-It-NOW--Or-ELSE" Generation, is only a matter of
weeks or  months at best, characterized by a longer-term judgment, yet none
the less deficient.
(Their basic unit of measurement for time is the weekend, four weekends in a
month.)

Cynic that I am, I won't expect any PROGRESS until we can read the papers or
watch the evening news with "subtitles" in our minds (sorta "closed
captioning for the stupid") SIMULTANEOUSLY spelling out a "Cui bono?"
warning: "Everything you're being told is a self-serving LIE."  By THEN,
those of us who don't "kill our televisions" will watch it only to keep
abreast of how the Powers That Be are trying to manipulate our beliefs THIS
TIME, on the principle that "forewarned is forearmed."  Turn off the SOUND