-Caveat Lector-

Didn't Wilbur Smith write a novel based on the "Phoenician colony" idea back
in the 1970s? IIRC, it was quite a good historical fantasy. I wonder if
Mutwa borrowed from that book...

He wrote a book called Indaba my children.
In one of the chapters he wrote about Kariba was a sacred site for the
blacks.
This was not true and he was basically trying to assist the black liberation
struggle in Rhodesia. He in the book claimed that the phonecians controlled
zimbabwe before the ruins were built.

He later admitted that large portions of the book were made up. he appears
to mix real african shamanism with his own speculations, so should be taken
with a big pinch of salt....but Mr Icke has a liking for the outlandish.<<

        John