From: Trudy & Paul Schuett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 1999 3:47 AM
To: NCF list
Subject: no idea

Guess I won't be going to PHX after all...My buddy Doris, who was
scheduled for triple bypass and cartoid artery surgery this AM,croaked
on the table. The word I'm getting from her neighbor and purveyor of all
news from PHX is: 'there was too much damage to repair; she wouldn't
have lived more than six months anyway.'

Her body was cremated within hours of death; I thought this was odd, but
considering the distance from home(150 miles) maybe OK. Our mutual
friend Sandy, the cardiac nurse says this is at the very least pretty
damn screwy.

Doris was fine, if not quite comfortable until her 65th b-day, when she
saw an osteopath who sent her on a merry-go-round of tests. She had a
hip problem; she coudln't walk well or long. In addition to prescribing
arch supports,this guy discovered a blocked cartoid artery, and then it
was on to the myriad of other dudes, each with their own speciality who
discovered yet another thing wrong. (As a retired federal employee 10yrs
ago, she already had good insurance long before Medicare) she had no
apparent symptoms of heart dysfunction.

The really weird thing is that she started out with no faith in
allopathic medicine. She'd become a level 1 Reiki practitioner, and had
actually cured some people. She was much better than I am. IMHO  She was
looking into herbs and other therapies for her own condition, as
diagnosed by the MDs. Sandy had urged her to get other opinons when
surgery started to be discussed. Doris never did it, for reasons we
can't yet determine. The only thing we (Sandy and I) can determine is
maybe MDs are such good salesmen you can't tell them no. We'll probably
never know.

All we know for certain at this moment is that our buddy walked into a
doc's office on 8/15, and now she's dead. There's no way of discovering
the cause.

I started an e-mail to Tangerine on this one--maybe in the morning I'll
finish it.

T________