<<On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, earthman wrote:

> and b.t.w. washington and jefferson traded samples of their crops;
> washington saying that a pipeful of hemp was much more pleasurable than
> a pipeful of tobacco and more enjoyable than whiskey!
>
> just thought you would like to know.

And I DID appreciate knowing!  Sounds like all the boys of Big
Sir in the 70s-80s!!

And, I can RELATE!>>
_____________________________
It wasn't just the smoke.  See attached--David
Shadow of the Swastika

Table of Contents

I   PREFACE        1
II  INTRODUCTION
 4
III THE SHADOW OF THE SWASTIKA        8
U.S. CORPORATIONS AND THE NAZIS       8
WILLIAM RANDOLPH HEARST       9
ANDREW MELLON 10
DU PONT AND GENERAL MOTORS   11
THE
US/NAZI CARTEL AGREEMENT 14
STANDARD OIL OF NEW JERSEY   15
THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY
  20
INTERNATIONAL TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH        22
ALLEN DULLES: ARCHITECT OF THE
US-NAZI NETWORK       23
NOTES: U.S. CORPORATIONS AND THE NAZIS       25
THE NEW WORLD
(DIS)ORDER     26
THE BUGGING OF WALL STREET   26
THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY        28
PLEDGE BETRAYED    32
THE GEHLEN ORGANIZATION      36
TRIPLE CROSS 38
COLD WARRIORS
    40
NOTES:THE NEW WORLD (DIS)ORDER       43
U.S. CORPORATIONS AND THE PRESIDENCY 44
RICHARD MILHOUSE NIXON       44
GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH   50
THE BUSH-DULLES-NAZI
CONNECTION      50
EDWIN PAULEY 54
NOTES: GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH    57
IV
CONCLUSION       58
V   BIBLIOGRAPHY     59
VI  INDEX    62

(The Elkhorn Manifesto)
SHADOW OF THE SWASTIKA:

The Real Reason the Government Won't Debate
Medical
.Re-legalization1

An Open Letter to All Americans
By R. William Davis

Documented
Evidence of a Secret Business and Political Alliance
Between the U.S. "Establishment"
and the Nazis
Before, During and After World War II - up to the Present.

PREFACE;

Before the Gatewood Galbraith for Governor Campaign in 1991, few
Kentuckians knew
that the plant that the federal government had
demonized for over 50 years as
"Assassin of Youth," was, in
fact, Cannabis Hemp, the most traded commodity in the
world until the
mid-1800s, and our state's number one crop, industry, and most
important
source of .i.Hemp:revenue, source of;revenue, for over 150 years.

Today,
thanks to the efforts of pioneer hemp researchers and public
advocates such as
Galbraith, Jack Fraizer, Jack Herer, Chris Conrad, Ed
Rosenthal, Don Wirtshafter and
others, the federal government's
unjustifiable suppression of our state's right to
develop our most
valuable and versatile natural resource, is facing increasing
opposition
from an informed public. Hemp is now recognized as  the number one
agriculturally renewable raw material in the world, and perhaps the only
crop /
industry which can guarantee us industrial and economic
.i.Hemp:revenue, source
of:independence from corporations;independence
from the trans-national corporations.2

"Shadow of the Swastika" is a follow-up to my earlier work, "Cannabis
Hemp: the
Invisible Prohibition Revealed," which I wrote and published in
support of the
Galbraith Campaign. Since publication of that booklet, there
has been growing public
acceptance of the evidence that
Marijuana:Prohibition Act of 1937, and Marijuana;
Prohibition was created
in 1937, not to protect society from the "evils of the drug
Marijuana," as
the Federal government claimed, but as an act of deliberate economic
and
industrial sabotage against the re-emerging Industrial Hemp Industry. 3

Previous
investigations by hemp researchers have been limited to the
suppression of
free-market competition from the hemp industry, and
focused on the activities of
three prominent members of America's
corporate, industrial and banking establishment
during the mid- to
late-1930s:

WILLIAM RANDOLPH .i.Hearst, William Randolph;HEARST,
the newspaper
and magazine tycoon.
The expected rebirth of .i.cannabis; hemp as a
less expensive source of
pulp for paper meant his millions of acres of prime
timberland, and
investment in wood pulp papermaking equipment, would soon be worth
much less. In the 1920s, about the same time as the equipment was
developed to
economically mass-produce raw hemp into pulp and fiber for
paper, he began the
.i."Reefer Madness" hoax; in his newspaper and
magazine publications.

ANDREW
MELLON, founder of the Gulf Oil Corporation.
He knew that cannabis hemp was an
alternative industrial raw material
for the production of thousands of products,
including fuel and
plastics, which, if allowed to compete in the free-market, would
threaten the future profits of the oil companies. As Secretary of the
Treasury he
created the Federal Bureau of Narcotics 4, and appointed his
own future
nephew-in-law, Harry Anslinger, as director. Anslinger would
later use the
sensational, and totally fabricated, articles published by
Hearst, to push the
Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 (See "Prohibition Act
of,";Marijuana Tax Act of 1937
through Congress, which successfully
destroyed the rebirth of the cannabis hemp
industry.
A prominent member of one Congressional subcommittee who voted in
favor of
this bill was Joseph Guffey of Pennsylvania, an oil tycoon and
former business
partner of Andrew Mellon in the Spindletop oil fields in
Texas.

THE DU PONT
CHEMICAL CORPORATION,
which owned the patents on synthetic .petrochemicals and
industrial
processes that promised billions of
dollars in future profits from the
sale of wood pulp paper, lead additives
for gasoline, synthetic fibers and plastics,
if hemp could be suppressed.
At the time, du Pont family influence in both government
and the private
sector was unmatched, according to historians and journalists.

This
publication, however, reveals documented historical evidence that
the suppression of
the hemp industry was only one key part of a much
larger conspiracy in the 1930s, not
only by the three corporate
interests named above, but by many others, as well.5

Congressional records, FBI reports and investigations by the
Justice Department,
during the 1930s and 1940s, have already
documented evidence of this wider plot. A
list of the corporations named
include Du Pont, Standard Oil, and General Motors, all
of which were
proven to be
conspiring with Nazi industrial cartels to eliminate
competition
world-wide and divide among themselves the Earth's industrial resources
and commercial markets, for profitable exploitation.

This conspiracy succeeded. It
is now obvious that this lack of serious
competition in the industrial raw materials
market caused our present -
and totally contrived - addiction to petrochemicals. Its
success is directly responsible for the most troubling problems we now
face in the
1990s; serious damage to our environment, concentration of
economic and political
power into fewer and fewer hands, and the
weakening of the rights of individuals and
states to determine their own
futures.

It is more and more evident that, given the
historical record, the
structure of the .i.New World Order;New World Order is being
built upon
the Foundation of Marijuana Prohibition, and only the relegalization of
free-market hemp competition can save us.

R. William Davis
July 4, 1996
Louisville,
Kentucky

.c.II  INTRODUCTION;

To clearly understand the circumstances which existed during
the 1930s
and 1940s, and are the subject of this booklet, it would be helpful to
first put the .i.hemp:petrochemicals, and;hemp/petrochemical conflict into
historical
perspective.
The events which took place in the years leading up to World War II were

a continuation of a struggle between agricultural and industrial
interests that
began before the American Revolution, a struggle which
has yet to be decided, even
today.

AGRICULTURE VS. INDUSTRY

The historical record, at least as it has been
presented to us in the
public school system, is that the .i.Civil War;Civil War was
fought to end
slavery.
This is not the whole story. The truth of the matter is that
it was also
a clash between Northern industrialists and Southern agriculturists,
over control of the expansion into the newly opened West.

In 1845, Abraham
.i.Lincoln, Abraham, President;Lincoln wrote, "I hold it a
paramount duty of us in
the
free states due to the union of the states, and perhaps to liberty
itself, to
let the slavery of other states alone." (1)

Concerning the Western territories, he
said "The whole Nation is .i.;
interested that the best use shall be made of these
territories. We want
them for homes and free white people. This they cannot be, to
any
considerable extent, if slavery be planted within them." (2)

Lincoln was caught
in the middle between the Northern industrialists and
the Southern agriculturists,
who both wanted to dominate Western
expansion because of the wealth it offered. The
industrialists knew that
the agriculturists depended on slavery because cotton, upon
which
Southern wealth was based, was very labor intensive and required the
inexpensive labor that slavery provided. They knew that if the Western
lands were
declared "free states" then the Southern agriculturists would
be unable to compete,
and would be forced to leave Western expansion,
and its potential profits, to the
Northern industrialists.

Quoting "The Irony of Democracy," by Thomas R. Dye and T.
Harmon
Zeigler,"The importance of the .i.Civil War:Northern takeover and;Civil War
for America's elite structure was the commanding position that the new
industrial
capitalists won during the course of the struggle. . . . The
economic transformation
of the United States from an agricultural to an
industrial nation reached the
crescendo of a revolution in the second half
of the nineteenth century.

"Civil War
profits compounded the capital of the industrialists and
placed them in a position to
dominate the economic life of the nation.
Moreover, when the Southern planters were
removed from the national
scene, the government in Washington became the exclusive
domain of the
new industrial leaders." (3)

The Northern industrialists used this
increased capital to build the
system of transcontinental railways, linking the
Northeast with both the
South and West. The labor for this undertaking was from the
Northeastern
Establishment's own source of cheap labor - recently freed slaves and
poor immigrants from Europe and China - who suffered under living
conditions which
were often little better than those which existed under
the Slave System just a few
years before.

It was during the years between the .i.Civil War:Northern takeover
and;Civil War and the beginning of the Twentieth Century that the
Northern
industrialists altered the role of the American government.
Originally established by
the Revolution to protect and preserve the lives,
property and freedoms of all
Americans from repressive government, it
was transformed into an agency to protect
the economic future of Northern
industrialists.

"[T]he industrial elites,"
according to Dye and Zeigler, "saw no
objection to legislation if it furthered their
success in business.
Unrestricted competition might prove who was the fittest, but as
an
added precaution to insure that the industrial capitalists themselves
emerged as
the fittest, these new elites also insisted upon government
subsidies, patents,
tariffs, loans, and massive giveaways of land and
other natural resources." (4)

The
struggle between Western farmers and the railroads owned by the
Northern
industrialists is a good example. To protect their interests,
citizens created
.i.Civil War:Northern takeover and:the "Grange";"the
Grange," an organization which
helped to enact
state laws regulating the "ruthless aggression" of the railroads. In
1877, these laws were upheld by the Supreme Court in the Munn v.
Illinois decision.
But, a few years later, Justice Stephen A. Field
changed the role, and the very
definition, of the corporation. He gave a
new interpretation to the Fourteenth
Amendment that actually gave
corporations legal status as citizens . . . as
artificial persons. (5)

It was not long after this change in the interpretation of
the
Fourteenth Amendment that John D. Rockefeller, the father of the
modern-day
corporation, created the great .i.Nazis:corporations,
and:Standard Oil;Standard Oil
Corporation
which, by the late 1880s, gained control over 90% of all the oil
refineries in America. (6)

The roots of 20th Century American politics can best be
illustrated by
the 1896 Presidential Election, won by Republican William McKinley by
landslide. The McKinley campaign was directed by Marcus Alonzo Hanna of
Standard
Oil and raised a $16,000,000 campaign fund from wealthy fellow
industrialists, (an
amount that was unmatched in Presidential campaigns
until the 1960s). The major theme
of the campaign, and one that would
echo far into the future, was "what's good for
business is good for the
country." (7)

This emerging political and judicial misuse
of power in America was
feared by Thomas Jefferson who, in 1787, wrote, "I think our
governments
will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as they remain chiefly
agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant lands in
any part of
America. When they get piled upon one another in large
cities as in Europe they will
become corrupt as in Europe." (8)

It is important to remember that the American
Revolution was a clash
between the agriculturists in the colonies, and the British
industrialists who controlled the government in England. Almost 100
years later the
.i.Civil War;Civil War was fought as a continuation of the
same basic
struggle, but
with the victory going back to the industrialists. This
began the erosion of the
American government "of the people, for the
people and by the people." The buying of
the 1896 Presidential Election,
by Hanna of Standard Oil and the Northern industrial
interests, was the
next important step on the long road to the American government
"of the
corporation, for the corporation and by the corporation."

A few years
later, World War I would forge an even closer relationship
between corporations and
government in the United States, as well as
around the world. Anthony Sampson, in his
book "The Arms Bazaar," notes
that .i.Nazis:corporations, and:U.S. Steel;"the
American companies, led by US
Steel and du Pont, were
transformed by war orders. US
Steel, which had absorbed Carnegie's old
steel company, had made average annual
profits in the four pre-war years
of $105 million, while in the four war years they
were $240 million; and
du Pont's average profit went up from $6 million to $58
million. . . .

"Certainly the arms companies had become much richer through the war,

and there were widespread suspicions that they were actually trying to
prolong it."
(9)

.i.Civil War:Northern takeover and:Nazi collusion;The bottom line is, of
course, victory or profit, and in what
proportions? To what lengths would this
nation's top industrial leaders
go to secure their share of the profits before and
during the next "war
to end all war?"

NOTES:
INTRODUCTION
1.American Political Tradition, Hofstadter, p. 109. (As reprinted in The
Irony of Democracy, Thomas R. Dye and L. Harmon Zeigler, p. 72)
2.American Political
Tradition, p. 113. (As reprinted in The Irony of
Democracy, p. 72)
3.Irony of
Democracy, p. 73
4.Ibid., p. 74
5.Ibid., p. 75
6.Ibid., p. 76
7.Ibid., p. 82
8.Ibid., p. 62
9.The Arms Bazaar, Anthony Sampson, p. 65

.c.III THE
SHADOW OF THE SWASTIKA;.c.:U.S. CORPORATIONS AND THE
NAZIS
.i.Nazis:corporations,
and;"A clique of U.S. industrialists is hell-bent to bring
a fascist state
supplant our democratic government and is working closely with the
fascist regime in
Germany and Italy. I have had plenty of opportunity in
my post in Berlin to witness
how close some of our American ruling
families are to the Nazi regime. . . .

"Certain American industrialists had a great deal to do with bringing
fascist regimes
into being in both Germany and Italy. They extended aid
to help Fascism occupy the
seat of power, and they are helping to keep
it there." - William E. Dodd, U.S.
Ambassador to Germany, 1937.(1)

A large volume of documentary evidence exists that
reveals that many of
the richest, most powerful men in the United States, and the
giant
corporations they controlled, were secretly allied with the
.i.Nazis:corporations, and:Standard Oil;Nazis, both
before and during World War II,
even after war was declared between
Germany and America. This alliance began with
U.S. corporate investment
during the reconstruction of post-World War I Germany in
the 1920s and,
years later, included financial, industrial and military aid to the
Nazis.

On the pages which follow we will review which prominent Americans and
corporations were involved, what aid and comfort they gave our nation's
enemies -
treasonable offenses during time of war, and investigations
into these matters which
produced evidence of a US/Nazi corporate
conspiracy to bring a fascist state to
America, and eliminate
competition in the industrial raw materials market in order to
force
world-wide dependance on oil-based .i.petrochemicals;petrochemicals.

WILLIAM
RANDOLPH HEARST;

Hearst, who was so concerned about the American public's health and

safety on the matter of marijuana use, apparently had no such fears when
it came to
Hitler and the Nazis. According to journalist George Seldes:

". . . Hitler had the
support of the most widely circulated magazine in
history, 'Readers Digest,' as well
as nineteen big-city newspapers and
one of the three great American news agencies,
the $220-million Hearst
press empire.

". . . William Randolph .i.;Hearst, Sr., . .
. was the lord of all the press
lords in the United States. The millions who read the
Hearst newspapers
and magazines and saw Hearst newsreels in the nation's moviehouses
had
their minds poisoned by Hitler propaganda.

"It was . . . disclosed first to
President .i.Roosevelt, Franklin Delano:Hearst,
William Randolph, and;Roosevelt [by
Ambassador
Dodd] almost on the day it happened, in September 1934, and it is
detailed in the book 'Ambassador Dodd's Diary,' published in 1941, and
again in
libel-proof documents on file in the courts of the state of New
York. William E.
Dodd, professor of history [at the University of
Chicago], told me about the
.i.Hearst, William Randolph;Hearst sell-out . . .

"According to Ambassador Dodd,
Hearst came to take the waters at Bad
Nauheim in September 1934, and Dodd somehow
learned immediately that
Hitler had sent two of his most trusted Nazi propagandists,
Hanfstangel
and Rosenberg, to ask Hearst how Nazism could present a better image in
the United States. When Hearst went to Berlin later in the month, he was
taken to see
Hitler."

Seldes reports that a $400,000 a year deal was struck between Hearst and
Hitler, and signed by Doctor Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi propaganda
minister. "Hearst,"
continues Seldes, "completely changed the editorial
policy of his nineteen daily
newspapers the same month he got the
money."

In the court documents filed on behalf
of Dan Gillmor, publisher of a
magazine named "Friday," in response to a lawsuit by
Hearst, under item
61, he states: "Promptly after this said visit with Adolf Hitler
and the
making of said arrangements. . . said plaintiff, William Randolph
Hearst,
instructed all Hearst press correspondents in Germany, including
those of INS
[Hearst's International News Service] to report happenings
in Germany only in a
friendly' manner. All of such correspondents
reporting happenings in Germany
accurately and without friendliness,
sympathy and bias for the actions of the then
German government, were
transferred elsewhere, discharged, or forced to resign. . .
."

In the late 1930s, Seldes recounts, when "several sedition indictments
[were
brought by] the Department of Justice . . . against a score or two
of Americans, the
defendants included an unusually large minority of
newspaper men and women, most of
them Hearst employees." (2)

.i.Mellon,
Andrew;.c.::ANDREW MELLON;

"Thurman Arnold, as assistant district attorney of the
United States,
his assistant, Norman Littell, and several Congressional
investigations,
have produced incontrovertible evidence that some of our biggest
monopolies entered into secret agreements with the Nazi cartels and
divided the world
up among them," states Seldes in his book, "Facts and
Fascism," published in 1943.
"Most notorious of all was
.i.Nazis:corporations, and:Aluminum Corporation of
America;Alcoa, the
.i.Mellon, Andrew;Mellon-Davis-Duke monopoly which is largely
responsible for the fact
America did not have the aluminum with which to build
airplanes before
and after Pearl Harbor, while Germany had an unlimited supply." (3)

Alcoa sabotage of American war production had already cost the U.S.
"10,000 fighters
or 1,665 bombers," according to Congressman Pierce of
Oregon speaking in May 1941,
because of "the effort to protect Alcoa's
monopolistic position. . ."

"If America
loses this war," said Secretary of the Interior [Harold]
Ickes, June 26, 1941, "it
can thank the .i.Nazis:corporations, and:Aluminum
Corporation of America;Aluminum
Corporation of
America."

"By its cartel agreement with .i.Nazis:corporations,
and:I.G. Farben;I.G.
Farben, controlled by Hitler," writes
Seldes, "Alcoa sabotaged
the aluminum program of the U.S. air force. The
.i.Truman, Harry S., President:Alcoa,
and;Truman Committee [on National
Defense, chaired by then-Senator Harry S.
Truman
in 1942] heard testimony that Alcoa's representative, A.H.
Bunker, $1-a-year head of
the aluminum section of O.P.M., prevented work
on our $600,000,000 aluminum expansion
program." (4)

.c.::DU PONT
AND GENERAL MOTORS;

.i.Nazis:corporations, and:General Motors;General Motors is
included here
because, by 1929, the Du Pont
corporation had acquired controlling
interest in, and had interlocking
directorships with, General Motors.

Irenee du
Pont, "the most imposing and powerful member of the clan,"
according to biographer
and historian Charles Higham, "was obsessed with
Hitler's principles." "He keenly
followed the career of the future
Fuhrer in the 1920s, and on September 7, 1926, in a
speech to the
American Chemical Society, he advocated a race of supermen, to be
achieved by injecting special drugs into them in boyhood to make their
characters to
order." Higham's book on this subject, "Trading with the
Enemy: An Expose of the
Nazi-American Money Plot 1933-1949," is highly
recommended.

Du Pont's anti-Semitism
"matched that of Hitler" and, in 1933, the Du
Ponts "began financing native fascist
groups in America . . ." one of
which Higham identifies as the American Liberty
League: "a Nazi
organization whipping up hatred of blacks and Jews," and the "love of

Hitler.

"Financed . . . to the tune of $500,000 the first year, the Liberty
League
had a lavish thirty-one-room office in New York, branches in
twenty-six colleges, and
fifteen subsidiary organizations nationwide
that distributed fifty million copies of
its Nazi pamphlets. . . .

"The Du Ponts' fascistic behavior was seen in 1936, when
Irenee du Pont
used General Motors money to finance the notorious Black Legion. This
terrorist organization had as its purpose the prevention of automobile
workers from
unionizing. The members wore hoods and black robes, with
skulls and crossbones. They
fire-bombed union meetings, murdered union
organizers, often by beating them to
death, and dedicated their lives to
destroying Jews and communists. They linked to
the Ku Klux Klan. . . .
It was brought out that at least fifty people, many of them
blacks, had
been butchered by the Legion." (5)

Du Pont support of Hitler extended
into the very heart of the Nazi war
machine as well, according to Higham, and several
other researchers:
"General Motors, under the control of the Du Pont family of
Delaware,
played a part in collaboration" with the Nazis.

"Between 1932 and 1939,
bosses of General Motors poured $30 million into
I.G. Farben plants . . ." Further,
Higham informs us that by "the
mid-1930s, General Motors was committed to full-scale
production of
trucks, armored cars, and tanks in Nazi Germany." (6)

Researchers
Morton Mintz and Jerry S. Cohen, in their book, "Power
Inc.," describe the Du
Pont-GM-Nazi relationship in these terms:

". . . In 1929, [Du Pont-controlled] GM
acquired the largest automobile
company in Germany, Adam Opel, A.G. This predestined
the subsidiary to
become important to the Nazi war effort. In a heavily documented
study
presented to the Senate Subcommittee on Antitrust and Monopoly in
February
1974, Bradford C. Snell, an assistant subcommittee counsel,