-Caveat Lector-

"Yet, the Clinton administration and the World Bank helped Thailand organize
and nationalize their prostitution business."
-----------------------------------
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/19991025_xex_now_chapter_.shtml

MONDAY
OCTOBER 25
1999

NOW chapter
supports Republicans
Virginia group breaks
with national organization

----

By Charles Smith
© 1999 WorldNetDaily.com

The National Organization For Women was formed during the turmoil of the
'60s. For over 30 years NOW has championed women's rights, legalized
abortion, and equal pay. Since its formation, NOW has been a hard-core
bastion of support for liberal Democrats.
On Oct. 13, 1999, the solid wall of support cracked wide open. Marie-Jose
Ragab, president of the NOW Dulles Chapter, issued a scathing statement
against the Clinton administration and the Democratic Party of Virginia for
supporting him. Ragab's NOW chapter has called for a "Republican majority"
in Virginia elections.

"It is indeed a historic event," stated Virginia Republican party spokesman
Tim Murtaugh. "It is a surprising and welcomed endorsement. This the first
time in 20 years that a Virginia NOW chapter has endorsed Republican
candidates. They are not a Republican group."

"I'd like to point out the extraordinary courage it took to shake the
Democrat domination of NOW," continued Murtaugh. "This is the first group of
women to break away from the dishonest Democrat campaign of scare tactics
and catering to the fears of mothers. Clearly the Virginia Democrats refusal
to condemn Bill Clinton shows that they are siding against the legal rights
of all women."

Democrats, however, were quick to respond to the endorsement by the northern
Virginia based NOW chapter with counter-charges of their own.

"I believe the Dulles Chapter is a radical NOW chapter," stated Virginia
Democrat party spokesman Craig Beiber. "Clearly, they are a renegade group.
This is no big surprise. The group is just showing their Republican
tendencies."

"I think they need to explain themselves," stated Beiber. "I'd like to see
them explain their support for Republican candidates such as Virginia
candidate Jim Jones who was convicted of sexual harassment charges."

According to the Roanoke Times, Jones, the current Republican candidate for
the Virginia 39th district State Senate, was convicted in 1993 on
misdemeanor assault and battery charges for unlawfully touching a
21-year-old woman who worked for him. The GOP was unaware of the conviction
against Jones and has questioned him about the charges.

"I do not see Republicans rushing to support Mr. Jones as the Democrats
rushed to aid Mr. Clinton," stated Ragab during an exclusive WorldNetDaily
interview.

"I gladly accept the title of renegade when the cause is right," said Ragab.
"A lot of corruption has been brought into the Women's movement by the
Democrats. When they brought the Clintons into the White House I knew right
there that the organization was not going in the right direction."

Ragab noted that despite the recent historic announcement, there have not
been many calls from the press.

"No mainstream media will air an interview," stated Ragab. "They consider us
to be untouchable because of the Clintons. Clinton fatigue is not only
affecting America but it is affecting the world. Clinton is nearing a point
of collapse. They are getting desperate with more and more naked
propaganda."

"The Democrat party did something similar to what they do in the third
world, which is to put the wife in charge of all women," explained Ragab.
"The moment Mrs. Clinton was in the White House she assumed control of all
women's issues and silenced the other voices. This is a way to control all
women. This is a very bad thing to do."

"For example, we have not heard any criticism of the Clinton administration
in the foreign policy field," stated Ragab who, as a representative of NOW,
investigated international trafficking of women. "Yet, the Clinton
administration and the World Bank helped Thailand organize and nationalize
their prostitution business."

"There are many countries around the world who are terrified about getting a
call from the White House, announcing a visit. They have to empty schools so
she can be applauded. They have to collect women workers to applaud her
husband. It is an enormous expense and amount of pressure. The cost is
horrendous."

"There is something perverse about it," said Ragab. "For the wife of a
President to come out and say, 'I am in charge from now on for all the women
and children of this country and all the women and children of the world' is
wrong. It stifles any discussion of the husband's policy. It is doomed to
failure. This clashes with the position of a first lady in a country with
rights."

"Bill Clinton was impeached and fined for perjury. Republicans saved Title
Seven and upheld the law. Democrats ridiculed Paula Jones and the Republican
house managers. They said it was all about sex. The Democrats tried to break
the sexual abuse laws."
-----
© 1999 WorldNetDaily.com, Inc.
----
 This page was last built 10/25/99; 12:04:44 AM    Direct corrections and
technical inquiries to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/19991025_xex_now_chapter_.shtml

Bard

I know there is a God and I know he hates injustice. I see the storm coming
and I know His hand is in it. But if there is a place and a part for me, I
believe that I am  ready.
                                -- Patrick J. Buchanan
http://www.gopatgo.org/

Reform Party News
http://www.reformparty.org

We don't need a 3rd Party;  we need a 2nd Party!