White Galactic Worldbridger
Kin 86, Self-Existing Moon
Seventh Year of Mayan Prophecy

Dear Friends,

I received the letter (copied below) from Lanny Sinkin of the Cetacean Ambassador Network, [EMAIL PROTECTED], and am passing it on as some of you may be interested to make your own views known to the US Navy on this subject.

Please remember that you should fax your letter to Mr Johnson by 28 October but those of you living in the US can still write the Navy Secretary and your Congress-person and Senator after that date.

Love & Blessings,

Rory.

Dear Rory,

I have been pursuing the matter of SURTASS LFA since March 1998, when I filed two law suits to stop the Navy from continuing their tests of this
system off Hawaii.  Below is a response I just sent to someone asking what
can be done, which I thought would be of use to you.  If you wish to see
some of the evidence developed in the law suits in Hawai`i, you can visit
http://manyrooms.com/deisdocs.htm

What is the most effective was to use our energy to stop the Navy given the
Oct. 28th timeline?

Keep in mind that Oct. 28th is simply the deadline for filing comments
on the draft environmental impact statement for SURTASS LFA.  The Navy will then review all the comments and issue a final EIS some months from now. That EIS will be subject to legal challenge (unless the Navy concludes that the LFA should not be deployed because all these fine people have shown them the path into the light).  That legal challenge will proceed from a
district court to an appellate court and perhaps to the Supreme Court.
So for the moment, the most effective actions would be:

(1) Send a regular mail letter to your Senators and Representative telling
them that you consider the SURTASS LFA system a threat to marine life and humans in the ocean, that you are concerned that the Navy is ignoring the evidence of adverse effects found in the tests off Hawai`i, that you are
concerned that the Navy may be forcing deployment only because they spent
hundreds of millions of dollars on this system before complying with the
law requiring an environmental impact statement, and any other concerns
that you might have.  Ask that the Congress hold hearings to inquire into
these questions.  A mailed letter does receive more attention than an email.

(2)  Send a letter to Joe Johnson, program manager for the EIS, before
October 28th expressing your opposition to deployment as a threat to marine
life and humans, your concern that the EIS is not being prepared in an
objective manner because of the huge investment the Navy has already sunk
into the system, and any other concerns you might have.

Mr. J.S. Johnson
Attn: SURTASS LFA Sonar OEIS/EIS Program Manager
901 North Stuart Street, Suite 708
Arlington, Virginia  22203
Fax: (703) 465-8420

Send a copy of your letter or prepare a separate letter to:

The Honorable Richard Danzig
Secretary of the Navy
1000 Navy Pentagon
Washington, D.C.  20350-1000
FAX: (703) 614-3477

(3)  Educate yourself so that you can speak in an informed fashion to your
friends and colleagues about this system.

Critical evaluations of the SURTASS LFA appear at:

www.nrdc.org
www.oceanmammalinst.com
www.angelfire.com/ca/fishattorney/lfaslinks.html
www.manyrooms.com/newsroom.html

(4)  Join the effort to have newspapers publish the opinion editorlal
found at  http://manyrooms.com/opinion.html.

(5)  Send a contribution to the organizations that will probably lead the
way in challenging the EIS in court (again unless the Navy embraces the
light).  The Ocean Mammal Institute and the Natural Resources Defense
Council seem committed to pursuing the EIS into the courts.  Their URL's
are the first two in the previous item.

(6)  Send lots of love to those who have volunteered to play the role of
manifesting the dark, so that others can learn to see the light.

Aloha,

Lanny Sinkin