-Caveat Lector-

I got a mystery IP address when I traced for my own hometown IP, a town of
1700.  The trace paused quite a while before it printed item #3.  Check it out:

C:\WINDOWS>tracert bhil.com

Tracing route to bhil.com [209.96.40.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1   136 ms   134 ms   163 ms  www.bhil.com [209.96.40.130]
  2   133 ms   116 ms   129 ms  BHILAS1.bhil.com [209.96.40.129]
  3   138 ms   137 ms   148 ms  10.0.0.5
  4   180 ms   130 ms   130 ms  bhil.com [209.96.40.8]

Trace complete.

C:\WINDOWS>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

whois of 10.0.0.5

IANA (RESERVED-6)
        Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
        Information Sciences Institute
        University of Southern California
        4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 1001
        Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6695

        Netname: RESERVED-10
        Netblock: 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255

        Coordinator:
           Internet Assigned Numbers Authority  (IANA-ARIN)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           (310) 822-1511

        Domain System inverse mapping provided by:

        BLACKHOLE.ISI.EDU            128.9.64.26
        NS2.INTERNIC.NET             198.41.0.11

        Record last updated on 26-Sep-98.
        Database last updated on 24-Sep-99 16:19:55 EDT.

--
Mark McHugh

One Step Beyond!