-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:31:20 -0500
From: Jake Levich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ABOUT TODAY - Real Stupid; Racism Test; More

ABOUT TODAY

---------------------------- HOT TODAY ---------------------------

REAL STUPID
RealNetworks execs scrambled for cover yesterday after a New York Times
story revealed that the RealJukebox MP3 player is programmed to spy on
users' habits and preferences. From Net Security Guide Jim Williams, find
out what a $7 billion software company knows about you.
http://netsecurity.about.com/library/weekly/aa110299.htm

FLUNKING THE RACE TEST
Racist? You? Never! Heck, you're a walking, talking poster for National
Brotherhood Week. Now take the online "Implicit Association Test."
Surprised? So were we. Race Relations Guide Kimberly Hohman explains.
http://racerelations.about.com/library/weekly/aa102699.htm

:::::::::::::::::::::::::: Advertisement :::::::::::::::::::::::::
Shop here for the hottest entertainment merchandise! Free shipping. 40% off
Star Wars. 20% off Pokemon, video games and more.
http://clicks.about.com/328/1446.htm?PM=135

------------------------ Guide of the Day ------------------------

INTERNET FOR BEGINNERS: Guide Gwen Schertel keeps it simple.
http://netforbeginners.about.com/mbody.htm

-------------------------- Headline News -------------------------

* Gunman Gives Up after Killing Seven in Hawaii
* Iran Parliament Speaker Rejects U.S. Ties
* EgyptAir Crash Depth Tough for Divers

For these stories and more, visit About.com's News Center.
http://newscenter.about.com/

--------------------------- More About ---------------------------

* Canine space pioneer, from Dogs Guide Gene Sower.
http://dogs.about.com/library/weekly/aa092899.htm

* When and how to quit your job, from Career Planning Guide Dawn McKay.
http://careerplanning.about.com/library/weekly/aa113097.htm

* Fall sweeps preview, from Television Guide Krista Beck.
http://tvschedules.about.com/library/weekly/aa110199.htm

-------------------------- Today's Poll --------------------------

HOW WILL THE WORLD END?
To cast your vote, visit About.com's home page, http://about.com

--------------------------- Talk About ---------------------------

TODAY'S CHAT HIGHLIGHTS
NASCAR Racing * Italian Language * Humor * U.S. Politics * More
Times and details: http://talk.about.com/chatcentral/index.htm

FORUM POST OF THE DAY: Seven Dead in Hawaii
Current Events - US: Tue, Nov 2, 2:47 pm ET
"Corporate America's demand for faster, longer-working employees is
breaking down our society. How many have to die before this merry-go-round
stops?" --Country Gal
http://about.delphi.com/ab-usnews/messages/?msg=418.1

:::::::::::::::::::::::::: Advertisement :::::::::::::::::::::::::
Save on the world's most advanced nutritional supplements from the Life
Extension Foundation. During Super Sale, save 10% on all orders -- and save
up to 50% with member and quantity discounts.
http://clicks.about.com/331/1439.htm?PM=135

------------------------ Don't Forget About ----------------------

SEND A VETERAN'S DAY CARD
http://cards.about.com/holiday/veteransday/index.htm

TRIVIA CHALLENGE SWEEPSTAKES
http://sweepstakes.about.com/trivia/index.htm

To remove your email address from this newsletter, go here:

Check boxes as appropriate, enter the email address under which you're
subscribed, and click the "Unsubscribe" button.

Please be sure to enter your email address exactly as you did when subscribing.

FEEDBACK: Give me a piece of your mind -- or several pieces. I can't always
respond to your mail, but I read it.

Jake Levich, About.com Editorial Director
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://About.com
"Expert Guides to help you find/learn/share"

*About This Newsletter*

You are currently subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter.