-Caveat Lector-

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 06:53:52 +0000
Subject: Ban All Guns!

                      Ban All Guns!

by JIM HOUCK
citizensofamerica.org
armed American
Creative Director,
Citizens of America

In regards to Josh Sugarman's article in the New York Times
calling for the banning of handguns, I must say, I concur.
We should ban pistols.  In fact, we should ban all firearms.
Just like we did drugs.

It will make getting firearms a lot easier; no background
checks, no fingerprints, no serials numbers, no
tractability, no illegal retention of files by the BATF, no
waiting periods, no questions asked, cash on the barrel
head, delivered to your door 24/7, just like banned drugs.

And it would eliminate the guesswork for the 500,000 paroled
or otherwise released murderers walking the streets of
America today.  Not to mention the paroled rapists.  They
will be virtually sure their victims won't be able to maim
or kill them in self defense.

Like Sammy Gravano, convicted mob assassin said, " "Gun
control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and
gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm
always gonna have a gun."

>From the mouth of the expert.  One need only travel to any
country in the world with civilian firearms bans (and there
is no other kind as criminals love "gun control") and see
that the only people with firearms are the criminals, the
cops (protection of the State) and the military. Great
Britain has gun control and it opened the market to the KLA
to sell their fully automatic (read properly defined
"assault weapon") rifles on the streets right under the
Queen's nose.

Germany has gun control and I personally have seen German
citizens proudly showing off their fully automatic AK-47's
which they laughingly acquired for $70 and a phone call.
They even offered to get me one.

I have personally lived in Japan.  Getting a firearm there
takes less than two hours of asking around and roughly $50
American dollars or the equivalent in Japanese yen.

"Real gun control" as our ignorant little Sugarman puts it,
is a farce and one of America's most ruthless killers.
Sammy Gravano nailed it on the head and would nail Josh
Sugarman on the head as well if told to do so by his mob
bosses.

And when Gravano arrived, Sugarman would be unarmed, and
dead.  If he was lucky, there would be some media coverage
of his death used to forward his weak-hearted charge which
is, don't stand up for yourself and defend your life against
a criminal, let them have their way with you, let them rip
you to shreds and whatever you do, don't pull a gun on them
and drop them in the tracks.

At best, call 911 and see if the police decide to respond,
as they are not required by law to do so.  And then if they
do, see if they can get there in time to prevent the murder
which is already in progress.

The day a Sammy Gravano comes calling on Josh Sugarman, he'd
better hope an American like myself happens to be within
shooting distance because with an average of one on-duty
police officer for every 8,500 Americans, his chances of
being next to a cop (and I think the murderer would simply
wait, if he were, don't you?) are virtually zero.

I prefer to take the police approach to stopping murderers,
head splitters and rapists and carry a firearm.  A semi-
automatic firearm with a high-capacity magazine, in the
largest caliber, hardest hitting round I can shoot and shoot
well with.

Considering that the civilian shooting error rate numbers
show that civilians with firearms are more than five times
safer than American police officers, my civilian firearm
represents a very good way to stay alive, Josh, and I've
used it twice to stop criminal attacks in New Orleans.

Apologies for denying you the media hype job of "another
victim of a senseless crime,” but I felt like living.  When
was the last time you saw a crime of sense?

Feel free to disarm yourself, Josh.  Gun control advocates
like your friends Feinstein, Schumer and Clinton all have
armed bodyguards, in case you were unaware.  What's with all
the assault weapons and Saturday Night Specials and sniper
rifles, Josh? What are the politicians afraid of?  Can't
they just call 911?

You hear about the "wild west" days.  I grew up in Kansas on
a cattle ranch.  We were all armed, as were our neighbors.
We didn't lock our doors.  Nobody stole kids.  Nobody robbed
anybody.  Nobody raped anybody. In short we never had a
problem with weak-kneed criminals because they didn't want
to get shot.

Don't forget it was armed civilians, not police, who put
down the dreaded Dalton Gang.  In the "wild west" the only
thing that was wild by today's ridiculous, shallow-gut
standards was the average American's sincere belief that
their life was worth defending.

After just one year of "gun control" in Australia, the
citizens are enjoying a 300% increase in homicide with a
firearm, (seems the murderers forgot to turn in their
firearms) in the state of Victoria, alone.  Home invasions
have nearly doubled.

Maybe Josh should turn in his American passport and move to
Australia.  There he could enjoy the rewards of "gun
control" fully and personally.

Why is it our nation's capital has a disgraceful record of
crime while Miami, a city where civilians regularly go about
armed has crime numbers that have continued to fall for
years, starting at the time when concealed carry began?  I
have lived in Miami Beach as well, and you can watch
supermodels stroll home from a dance club at 2 a.m., because
many of them are armed with a handgun and because the
citizens sitting in the local restaurants, walking down the
street and in the dance clubs are also armed.

Criminals must move to our nation's capital to feel safe
enough to rape or kill.  And so they do.  Gun control?  Why
not just call it "the only people with guns are the
killers?"  It's longer, but its far more accurate. I'd like
to end this article with one of the best quotes I've ever
heard regarding gun control.

     "You can't get around the image of people shooting at
     people to protect their stores and it working. This is
     damaging to the [gun control] movement."

Center, in The Washington Post, May 18, 1993, referring
to the Korean shopkeepers who guarded their property with
"assault weapons" during the LA riots.

.