-Caveat Lector-

hi Steve, all,

I posted the patent description to a VERY scientific list I'm on [missing
out the 'conspiracy stuff' - and one of the eminent scientists on it from
sweden who is into cutting edge neural brain biology didn't buy it.
He and this list has a personal interest in finding working versions of
such technology with which to prolong their lives ....

what he did have to say didn't exclude the possibility of the mechanism
identifying sexuality and mucking about with our sex drives in some crude
way however !!!!!

This is what Anders had to say ....

> Hope for Uploaders - Emotions allegedly stored and replicated ....
> could this system be used to educate the neural nets of a fresh personal
> Clone ??

I'm very sceptical, this sounds too much like a crackpot project to
me. Some reasons for suspicion are the idea that sound waves directly
can influence the brain (no evidence for that that I know of) and the
claims about "emotion signature clusters" - if there was any good way
of distinguishing between emotional states it would be headline news
in parts of the neuroscience world I keep up to date with. In reality
EEG doesn't tell you much about emotional state other than arousal,
since most of the emotional information seems to be highly individual
and usually mostly subcortical. I might be wrong of course, but I
wouldn't invest in that company...

Andrew Hennessey