-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 99-11-11 04:58:22 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Allegations that the Clinton administration authorized the FBI to
>use prostitutes first surfaced in INSIGHT magazine. Investigative
>journalist Tim Maier wrote that under-age male and female
>prostitutes were being used to obtain intelligence information
>from foreign diplomats during the December 1993 Asia Pacific
>Economic Conference (APEC) in Seattle Washington.
>
>Yet, the question of whether the Clinton administration used
>minors as prostitutes to obtain intelligence information on
>foreign diplomats remains open for debate.
>
>Federal officials also admitted that the use of under-age or
>untrained civilians in intelligence operations poses a
>significant risk and may be illegal under some circumstances.
>According to the same law enforcement officials, the information
>obtained is so important to U.S. national security that all
>necessary means, including prostitution, must be exploited to
>obtain it.
>
> ... The Clinton administration's use of such drastic means
>for a so-called "economic" conference has raised questions about
>state-sponsored commercial espionage.  Is export money enough
>justification to use children as sex-slaves and spies?

How naive can we be?  In the underworld economy of espionage and organized
crime, which are almost indistinguishable, the primary currencies used are
not ONLY "illegal drugs" and "black-market weapons."  Just as valuable as
either is SEX -- but, especially when sex is routine and cheap, for "sex" to
have ANY value as a currency, it MUST be "taboo" sex, forbidden by law or
just by normal (public) moral standards -- a kind of rare "delicacy,"
obtainable only by the the ultra-rich or the ultra-privileged, for whom being
able to push the envelope of the "permissible" to the EXTREME is an essential
definer of "elite" status. (Power isn't really "power" unless one is free
--FREE-- to ABUSE it.)
In more Victorian times, the "buzz" used to be homosexuality.  Today it's
pedophilia.
OF COURSE it's not only immoral but ILLEGAL  The flip side of POWER is its
RISK --
so one is never welcomed into the circle of the powerful except by
double-edged gifts
which can, if PUBLICLY revealed, DESTROY one.  "Secret societies" are
"secret" for a
good practical reason.  Shared GUILT is a strong BOND and GUARANTEES silence.