-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 11/3/99 12:06:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, Mystric 4U
writes:

<<
 Thought I would share with everyone something that happened on Tuesday
night
 ... and I hope that you will all pass this to other AOL members.

 While I was online Tuesday night, my sister-in-law sent me an IM and told
me
 to checkout the profile of another AOL user named CRAZY70707.  Not really
 thinking much about it, I pulled the profile up ... and in big red letters,
 the word "FROZEN" was at the top of this profile.  At first, I thought it
was
 some kind of a joke, but when I went to click the profile off of my
 screen...I couldn't do anything...I was, as the profile said, frozen.

 I sat for a few moments thinking the joke would go away and I could
continue
 my time on AOL.  This wasn't the way it was going to happen.  The only way
 could get out was to cntrl/alt/delete.  When I was able to log on again, my
 computer was sluggish so I logged off again.

 A few hours later when I decided to try again...I clicked on my AOL icon
and
 a warning came up that I would need to reinstall AOL...it had been
completely
 wiped from our system.   When Alan got home, he called AOL to see if they
 could tell what happened.  When he told the AOL rep about  CRAZY70707, she
 pulled the profile up and guess what...as you might have already
 guessed...her computer froze up as mine did.

 We had to reinstall 4.0 and 5.0 again ... and we all know how much of a
pain
 that is.  We have lost everything in our download file, as well as
everything
 stored in our favorite places.

 I am sending this as a warning to you all .. do not pull this profile up
 whoever this person is,  he's an idiot ... he's been reported and I am
hoping
 that AOL is smart and will discontinue his membership.  In the meantime,
 however, don't get stuck in the same mess that we were ... and, by all
means,
 pass this to as many people as you can.

We are about to go on a Journey. All Aboard
http://sites.netscape.net/gsussnzl/poleshift