-Caveat Lector-

     "Government" is just organized crime without the Italian accent.

Subj:         [CTRL] Fw: Giancana Speaks
Date:   97-12-20 14:03:15 EST
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roads End)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: "Lloyd Miller, Research Director" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:      Fw: Giancana Speaks
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

|Chuck caught the coin and instantly realized it was old, ancient in
|fact.  Mooney was always buying antiquities.  He'd become quite a
|connoisseur of rare books, Dresden porcelain, and the like, so Chuck
|was only mildly intrigued.  "Yeah, what's this supposed to be?"

|"It's an old Roman coin, Chuck."

|Chuck fingered the coin, turning it over and over again and again, and
|then tossed it back to his brother.  "That's real nice, Mooney, but what
|the hell does it have to do with what we're talkin' about?"
|
|Mooney leaned forward, "Look, this is one of the Roman gods.  This one
|has two faces...two sides.  That's what we are, the Outfit and the CIA...
|two sides of the same coin.  Sometimes our government can't do shit on
|the up-and-up.  Sometimes they need a little trouble somewhere or maybe
|they need some bastard taken care of...Jesus, they can't get caught
|doin' shit like that.  What if people found out?  But we can.  Guns, a
|hit, muscle...whatever dirty work needs to be done.  We're on the same
|side, we're workin' for the same things...we just look different.  So...
|we're two sides of the same coin.  Right now we're workin' on Asia, Iran,
|and Latin America.  Someday, Chuck, we'll be partners on everything.
|If you think we had Truman...let me tell you...we got this deal sewn up.
|Ike, all [Eisenhower] does is play golf."

|"So, that's what you like about the guy," Chuck teased.

|"Shit, he's a pigeon...it's NIXON that's got the power.  He's the one
|with the backing of the big money, like Hughes and the guys in
|California and the oilmen in Texas...Hump says Nixon's gonna call us
|if he needs a little hardball behind the scenes."

Sam and Chuck Giancana in "Double Cross" (NY: Warner Books, 1992)
p. 215.  The co-authors are the godson and brother, respectively, of the late
Sam "Mooney" Giancana, "the Mobster who controlled America.."  Much of the
book was apparently "borrowed" from the much better documented
"All-American Mafioso, the Johnny Roselli Story" by  Ed Becker and
Charles Rappelye.  It would appear that Mooney's prediction has come true