-Caveat Lector-

>When Clay Shaw was arrested by Jim Garrison the news was of
>particular interest to the Italian newspaper Paesa Sera.  It
>followed up with a story that Shaw belonged to a cover
>organization in Rome named Cenuo Mondiale Commerciale (CMC).  Its
>location was frequently moved, its presidents rotated; its modus
>operandi altered.  CMC included Italian fascists, elements of
>the European paramilitary right, the CIA, and the U.S. Defense
>Department.  There were major shareholders with banks located in
>Switzerland, Miami, Basel and other major cities.  CMC had been
>formed in 1961, one year after Kennedy was elected.  Its
>principals had worked with fascist networks established after
>World War II.  The board of directors numbered Ferenc Nagy, a
>former Hungarian premier who led that country's Anti-Communist
>Countrymen's Party in exile.  J. Edgar Hoover brought Nagy to the
>United States, where there were numerous Gehlen-supported emigre
>organizations.  On August 18, 1951, the Saturday Evening Post
>pictured Nagy with Czech, Pole, Hungarian and Russian exiles
>under the heading: "They Want Us To Go to War Right Now."  On
>November 22, 1963 Nagy was living in Dallas.  CMC was actually a
>subsidiary of Swiss-based Permindex, whose president was Prince
>Gutierez de Spadafora, Italian industrialist and large landowner.
>Spadafora's daughter-in-law was related to Hjalmar Schacht.
>
>One of the goals of the CMC was that "Rome will recover once
>again her position as center of the civilized world."

Too much attention, IMHO, is given to Hitler's Nazi Germany as the epitome of
fascism, thanks to its atrocities, when the ideology of Fascism really began
in Mussolini's Italy,
where the Roman Empire was remembered nostalgically, with dreams of reviving
it.

The "neo-classical" atmosphere promoted by the Nazis at Germany's hosting of
the Olympics, for example, was first evident in the official iconography of
Fascism in Italy.

Before Hitler redefined it for us, fascism was only, as Mussolini wrote, "the
Corporate State" -- which became the blueprint for ALL nations, even our own,
after the military takeover of production --hence "the Military-Industrial
Complex"-- during World War II.

I wonder how the "Conspiracy Theory" view of post-War history would see
things if, instead of being obsessed with Hitler and Teutonic Nazism, it paid
more attention to Mussolini's elitist corporate technocratic state -- to the
ROMAN model of Fascism?