-Caveat Lector-

John locker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      To:
                          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                     Date:
                          Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:29:54 -0000

Some hard hitting facts here from Tim Matthews...author of the
excellent
"UFO
Revelations". (Blandford)

Dear All,

I shall take a brief moment from our imminent preparations for the
arrival
of
our daughter Alexandra (she'll be out Monday!) to address some of the
utter

nonsense spewed out by certain people on the question of black
triangles;

1 - I note that Peter Gersten and Michael Lindemann are attempting to
ignore
all the research done  people like myself, Steve Douglass, Bill Rose
and
David Windle re; flying triangles.

They obviously feel that the more times they repeat the mantra about
'these

must be of alien origin because they are seen over built-up area' then
people
will believe them and perhaps, in Gersten's case, pump more money into
the
overly alien-oriented CAUS group.

2 - Lindemann cites Nick Pope as a credible source on FTs - which is
ridiculous and we have wiped the floor with his sales pitch on too many
occasions. He knew nothing whilst at Air Staff and knows nothing now -
EXCEPT
a good agent, Andrew Lownie.

3 - I notice the strange re-emergence of a story from three years ago -
and

which was published in 'UFO Reality' magazine around the same time
(approx.)
- about a supposed D-Notice forbidding the reporting of FTs in the
media,
or
some such tale.

This IS RUBBISH. The D-Notice system is old, antiquated and entirely
irrelevant. IMPORTANTLY, one can actually write or call the
governmental
office that issues D-Notices and find out what D-Notice are "in
force"...or

not in force as the case may be.

THERE HAS NOT AND IS NOT A D-NOTICE ON FTs!!!!!

Labour MP Tam Dalyell tells a much more interesting story but the
Lindemann

and Gerstens of this world seem curiously oblivious to everything I put
forward because they know that their constituency will not accept the
heretical truth from us...

How many UK researchers are even aware that the D-Notice system
operates
thus?

About one other that I can think of.

This says a great deal about the state of UFO research here and in the
US.
Stories are put out, in this case one based upon a three year old myth
whose
source is anonymous (!), and accepted  without argument.

4 - Given that every aviation buff knows that triangular a/c were
designed
and built during WW2, why should the appearance of a similar object
over
London in 1948 be evidence of aliens?

THIS (and this is a fatal assumption) ASSUMES that the witness is
correct
and
in my four years experience of talking to witnesses, they are nearly
always

mistaken.

The number of times I have personally investigated FT sightings and an
easy

solution has been found (stars/planets, aircraft lights are the
favourites)

beggars belief.

I's say that of 150 cases perhaps around eight seem at all credible.

5 - The story about FTs featured on the excellent Jeff Rense homepage
(www.sightings.com) is full of the usual inaccuracies about FTs.

last years when Peter Gersten was trying to take the DoD to court and
find
out more about FTs he contacted me about my helping him with his
efforts.
He
has received numerous emails from me on the subject and I have
suggested he

speaks with Steve Douglass but it looks very much like he has simply
ignored
my evidence and gone onto believe mythmakers like Ed Fouche and others
who
cite anonymous source, bankrupt tales of crash retrievals and so on.

6 - We've been here before but the tactic from the believer set is
clear;

IGNORE ALL EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY
PRETEND THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE CREDIBLE POSITION
PLAY TO THE AUDIENCE WHENEVER POSSIBLE.

7 - Some of these lies will be challenged by me personally at the
forthcoming
LAPIS Conference in Blackpool. As well as spreading more fumes about
MJ-12
and the new batch of fakes, George Wingfield is going to speak on FTs -
subject which he has little or no idea about.

Last time he spoke at a Northern event on FTs he decided to childishly
rip
up
a copy of one of my reports on secret terrestrial FT projects.

He'd better not try that again......

The Popes, Redferns, Fowlers and co will NEVER debate me or anyone else
on

this subject BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY'LL LOSE.

All they do is hide behind their magazines and publishers secure in the
knowledge that, as Goebbels once said, if you repeat a lie often enough
PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE IT.

The truth is that the few FT sightings that are credible relate to
man-made

projects. Thanks to the UFO community and their convenient links with
the
mass media, the FT subject has been presented as evidence of alien
contact.

This is the lie of the Twentieth Century and will no doubt be
challenged in

the new Millennium.

Tim Matthews.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

We are about to go on a Journey. All Aboard
http://sites.netscape.net/gsussnzl/poleshift