-Caveat Lector-

From: "J.J. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The Ten Commandments of Government
(..if only they had their way)

Written By J.J. Johnson - 11/21/99

.. And lo, he walketh up to Capitol Hill, and the Government spake all
these
words, saying:

1 We are your Government, which have brought thee into the economic house
of
bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Especially in schools,
and
non-501(c3) churches.

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image of Government, or any
likeness of any thing that is graven about government, no matter how graven
it really is. Thou shalt  bow down thyself to us, and serve us. For we are
the Government, and we're here to help thee.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the thy Government in vain: for the
Courts will not hold him guiltless that taketh this name in vain. Ye shalt
be eternally labeled as anti-government.

4. Remember the sabbath day, and keepeth the receipts. Six days shalt thou
labor, and do all thy work, but the seventh day is thy day to nurse thy
hangover, hide part of thy taxes in a church plate (we'll find it anyway),
and watch us parade a bunch of liars on the morning talking-head shows. We
are the Government. Everything is under control.

5. Honor thy President, his wife, and his mistress(es);  that thy days may
be long upon the earth, and not found dead in Arkansas.

6. Thou shalt not kill, unless approved by thy Government, and with thy
Government's blessings.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery, unless it's done in private among
consenting adults, on public time and money; and opinion polls show the
public doesn't really care.

8. Thou shall not steal. That's our department. We hateth the competition.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor, unless he is a
conservative, gun owner, smoker, SUV owner, or believes in the
Constitution.
If so, for Government's sake, bear all the false witness thy can!

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's tax break, thou shalt not covet
thy
neighbor's privilege of being a Government employee, nor their agents, nor
their lawyers, nor their weapons, nor their arrogance, nor any thing that
is
thy Government's.

J.J. Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Coming weekend: "Letters From a Broken Heart" on www.jj-johnson.com