-Caveat Lector-

-----Original Message-----
From: Kasten, Kathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, 2 December 1999 16:21
Subject: [MC] David Icke's lecture: The Biggest Secret

RE: David Icke lecture
DATE: November 21, 1999, 12:00 PM, Woodland Hills Hilton, California
TOPIC: The Biggest Secret
Ambient Music: "We Are the Power" and "Larger Than Life" sung by the Back
Street Boys.

David Icke was dressed from foot to neck in black, and for most of the
lecture spoke outside any of the spotlights focused directly beyond the foot
of the speaker's platform.  Hidden almost in darkness.

It had been a couple of years since I last heard Icke speak.  At that time
he was using a degrading term when referring to the people in his audience.
"Sheeple!"  He no longer peppers his lectures with this term.  However, all
of the rest of his previous lecture of 4 years ago was there, i.e., "they
are stopping everyone from knowing the truth" lecture.  Plus, there is a new
addition of a clip from Monty Python's movie "The Life of Brian" to
emphasize the message that "everybody should think for themselves."  Plus,
the same message was repeated with a clip from the movie "Antz."  Most of
this part of the lecture was a rehash of Jordan Maxwell's material regarding
Masonic symbolism, plus researchers like Acharya's information regarding the
true nature of Christianity and Laurence Gardner's massive lifetime research
into royal bloodlines.  All material more thoroughly discussed and
intensively researched elsewhere.  It would be my suggestion that you read
the books of those authors, and others who write about this information for
a living.

At midpoint in the lecture was the reason most people came.  Credo Mutwa.
It is claimed that Mutwa is a Zulu shaman.  And, the reason David Icke is
representing him in America is that Mutwa's religious philosophy supports
Icke's contention that a reptilian race is, at this time, interacting with
humans.  According to Mutwa, this reptilian race has been interacting with
humans since the very beginning of human history on the planet.  Icke let
Mutwa speak directly to the audience through a video Icke had available at
the back of the ballroom for $49.95 plus S&H of $3.50.  The clip of the
video we were shown was, of necessity, only a part of Mutwa's testimony.
(The full text of an interview with Mutwa can be read in The Spectrum;
Volume 1, Number 5, October 5, 1999.)  Unlike the short clip from the video
would suggest, Mutwa is touched by modern civilization, is self-tutored in
the ufology scene and a very sophisticated worldly man who knows how to
promote an agenda.  I am not sure whether Icke's attempt at suggesting that
Mutwa was the pure voice of a primitive belief system was intentional or
not.  Americans tend to be overtly racist, but the British (based on
personal experience) tend to be subtler.  As part of Icke's proof that the
Zulu people were believers in things extraterrestrial, a slide of Mutwa's
"ceremonial" necklace was shown.  It was claimed that the necklace was made
of copper and was a replica of a necklace passed down to Mutwa.  "Replica"
is the keyword here.  My university level studies include
archaeology/anthropology.  Usually, the real thing is past down to the
shaman because it contains the power of all the shaman before him.  A
replica is not the usual, traditional, way a powerful relic is handed down.
In addition, Icke was pointing out to the audience various pieces on the
necklace and claiming one piece was suppose to represent a spaceship.  It
looked like a symbol of an indigenous native's house.  Another piece was
suppose to be an "alien."  To me, based on museum visits I have made to
study African art, it looked like a typical tribe spirit totem.  A typical,
non-ET looking indigenous native male.  Icke was the source of the
description, not Mutwa.  What Mutwa presented, in both the video and the
Spectrum article, was a painting he had done of what he calls the Chitauli,
a reptilian looking being.  It looked oddly familiar to me, but not from a
"face-to-face" event, but an image I have seen in a publication somewhere.
Another statement of Mutwa's religious belief is his claim that the Zulu
people came from the stars.

The point is that Mutwa has traveled all over the world, and interacted with
many people in ufology.  Unless we see Mutwa in the context of his cultural
beliefs, other Zulu members unconnected with Mutwa making the same claims,
we have only Mutwa's word and Icke's vested interest.

As proof of Icke's contention that the British royals are members of the
reptilian race, he offered Princess Diana's thoughts - mentioned to a
"friend", who mentioned it to a reporter of a British tabloid - that "the
royals were positively reptilian."  In other words, this is just plain
unsubstantiated anecdotal testimony of a third, fourth and hundredth party.
Not even close to being evidentiary proof of anything except everybody likes
to gossip about the British royals.

Another of Icke's "proofs"?  That Ted Heath is/was a reptile?  This from a
woman who claimed her husband had presided over satanic rituals at Burnham
Beaches in England "for years."

Last, but not least, Cathy O'Brien's statements that George Bush turned into
a reptile before her very eyes.

After three and a half hours, it was time for me to leave as my
entertainment and credulity level had been reached.  I left the ballroom and
met up with a man looking after his children in the hallway outside the
ballroom.  "So, how was it?," he asked me.  "Boring!" was my reply as I made
the long walk to find my car in the cavernous parking garage.

MINDCONTROL-L". Post to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wes Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, list moderator