-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 991205a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE BULLETIN WHEN YOU REPLY; CUT/PASTE, EH?
* No NASA spacecraft were cannibalized for parts to produce this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ The Idol of Fombum: http://www.mjt.org/exhibits/fombum.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# DOMINION - Crucified gorilla painting yanked from show. While the work
  gets criticized & vandalized, the artist defends the piece. The painting
  symbolizes man's inhumanity to animals and Earth, she says. Crucify her
  too: http://www.dallasnews.com/texas_southwest/1203tsw4nmcrucify.htm

: What's your favorite religious art? Do you worship art depicting tortured
entities? Who would you rather see crucified: humans, animals, aliens, me,
cartoon characters, politicos, performers, preachers, potentates? D'ya want
them clothed, nude, gore-smeared, tarred/feathered, painted, gilded, burnt?
How do you react to such images? Do you join angry mobs attacking'em? Why?

# Out of Africa: from simple squares to fractals, African
  craft and art traditions show stunning, complex designs:
  http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc99/11_27_99/mathland.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# A deafening silence from the Mars Polar Lander. (BBC) US space scientists
  have once again failed to make contact with the Mars Polar Lander, raising
  fears that their multi-million dollar mission may have ended in failure.
  Bother: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_550000/550600.stm

: Did ETs hijack the Polar Lander for spare parts? Did they need the solar
panels, the semiconductors, the rare metals? Have ETs stolen your hubcaps?

# No word from Mars, now what? NASA tries to spin the disaster:
  http://www.space.com/space/jpl_mars_pressconference_991205.html
# Silence from Mars: Polar Lander Teams Hunker Down for Long Wait:
  http://www.space.com/space/technology/mars_probes_991205.html
# Beltway Holds its Breath and its Opinions about Mars Mission:
  http://www.space.com/space/beltway_mars_991203.html
# NASA Tests to See If Mars Polar Lander Survived- Here we go again!
  http://www.abcnews.go.com/wire/US/reuters19991204_1052.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Cave fossils expose new mysteries of paradise lost. FOSSIL evidence found
  on cliffs near several Oz beaches reveals a tropical paradise existed in
  NSW as late as 6000 years ago - a blink-of-an-eye in geological terms. The
  findings suggest answers to many historical mysteries. Dramatic change in
  sea levels & climate could explain why ancient Egyptians stopped building
  pyramids, why the Bronze Age came to an abrupt halt, why the Dark Ages
  began, why social collapse occurred wherever civilisations were beginning
  to emerge. http://news.com.au/news_content/national_content/4401871.htm

: When humans achieve total control of Earth's weather, will social/historic
boom-bust cycles stop? Will we achieve Nirvana? Will we be as gods? Will we
get fat'n'lazy? Will aliens easily harvest us? Are aliens leaking weather-
control technology to us so that all this may happen? Should we resist? How?

# The brain has no center for intelligence, which has neither focus nor
  locus. Like the other higher faculties, it is everywhere and nowhere:
  http://www.smh.com.au/news/9912/04/spectrum/spectrum4.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# CANDIDATE? WE AIN'T FOUND NO STINKIN' CANDIDATE. It's bad enough that most
  voters don't vote. In 1998 the turnout was 36 percent, along with 1986 the
  lowest since 1942, when a lot of Americans were away fighting a war.  But
  now most Murkans won't even respond to opinion polls. The response in some
  recent polls fell as low as 20%. Makes you wonder what significance these
  surveys have. http://capitolhillblue.com/Dec1999/120599/voters120599.htm

: Do citizens in a democratic republic get the govt they deserve? Would you
prefer monarchy, syndicalism, theocracy, kleptocracy, anarchy, rule by ETs?
Has The Conspiracy successfully alienated US voters? Are they gloating? Eh?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# NOTHING'S SACRED? BABY JESUS STOLEN FROM MANGER. "The missing Baby Jesus
  is described as being a newborn male, 12 inches long, with a socket in his
  back. He is made of plastic." Please be on the lookout. Is Charleston such
  a hotbed of yidnapping? http://www.dailymail.com/news/News/1999120121/

: How many footlong plastic newborn males with back-sockets are missing in
your town? Are they hard to track down? Do Satanists torture them in ritual
abuse? Do you? Has a plastic baby Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna, Joseph Smith
been snatched in your community lately? Are they held for ransom? D'ya pay?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Wishbone and Santa help with dog's return. Bosley, a 12-year-old deaf
  Springer spaniel, didn't return home after a romp in the woods. Days went
  by and it looked bleak for the dog's owners. But two little girls yanked
  a wishbone for Bosley and reported his loss to Santa. Thirteen days later
  he was found, although with some buckshot in him. Says dad: "Wishing on
  the wishbone brought him back. We're lucky he's here." Amen to that:
www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/338/metro/Dog_long_gone_finds_his_way_home-.shtml

: What's your favorite ritual for the return of last dogs/cats/kids/otters?
Do you pray to Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Great Pumpkin, the Goddess of
Love, aliens, robots, me? Do you desecrate a bird's anatomy as an offering?

# It's not easy for a large, clumsy Midwesterner with a large clumsy
  name to sell his script idea to TV: a talking rat who smokes a cigar:
  http://www.ironminds.com/ironminds/issues/991129/dreams.shtml
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ BIGFOOT. Bigfoot learned to disguise himself as a weiner-dog in the
  late 1970's, and then as a wild chicken. Then bigfoot was run over
  and discovered the road-kill disguise. And, using this disguise, he
  travelled undetected throughout North America during the 1980's.
  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/faqs/bigfoot/part1
  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/faqs/bigfoot/part2

: Are you a disguised bigfoot? Do you hide much? Do you hang out with yetis?
Do you smell bad? Do you have a TV talkshow, a website, a lawyer, a guru??

# Govt Moves to Coverup Solar Anomaly- Details pouring in! Images confirmed
  on NASA server! Evidence links NASA to coverup. http://anomalies.net/sun
# XFiles: http://gamasutra.com/features/19991203/xfiles_postmortem_01.htm
# Make a feature film for $1000: http://www.nextwavefilms.com/ulbp/ss.html
# Passionate analysis of Seattle / WTO: http://Www.CounterPunch.Org
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  "I waited quietly for my lethal injection
   I knew it would be my sweet perfection
   I've been working death for a long time
   Ever since I saw the sky" --DEATH ROW
   file:///C:/html/sonic/music/mysongs4.htm#deat

* Rev. Ric Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.da.ru * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* THE OFFICIAL MAILING LIST OF THE *SEVENTY*SEVENTH* MILLENNIUM!!