[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Homeopathy may not fit into your paradigm but it
 definitely has helped some people, whether by placebo effect or some unknown
 mechanism is irrelevant in my book >>

It fits in NO logical, sane, scientific paradigm...it's "tenents" are almost
faith-based, certainly "supernatural" and utterly devoid of any proofs...It
IS the placebo effect, and the problem is that the marketers of this crap are
making a fortune selling literally worthless water and sugar pills...their
taking advantage of their clients by overcharging for worthless
garbage...THAT'S the outrage!

<<The fact that comparatively simple
"cures" may be had without resorting to allopathic medicine which kills tens
of thousands every year (even though a lot of alopathy IS effective), is
enough to wonder why there is vigorous repression of a substance that they
say has no value?  >>

One of the BEST "cures" is time...time to allow our bodies own defenses to
"kick-in"...and by doing nothing, taking homeopathic candy is "doing
nothing", you allow your immune system to do its thing.
As for the hackneyed ruse that "allopathic medicine kills"...the fact is that
it's traditional (allopathic) medicine where the last resorters, the most
ill, go...and there are SOME situations where NOTHING will save you.
As for the "suppression" of homeopathy...I see no real evidence of that, you
can buy the crap at any drug-store. The reason respectable doctors shun
homeopathy is because it's useless and to promote it could open one up to a
(well-deserved) malpractice suit.

<< As for
Chiropractors I think you are wrong, even if there is no scientific basis for
spinal manipulation in curing diseases in other areas of the body it clearly
has benefit for people who are suffering from some types of back and muscle
problems, and can't be called quackery IMO.  If a chiropractor were to tell
you he could cure your athletes foot by manipulating your spine I would be
highly skeptical, and maybe presume him to be a "quack".>>

Well, of course massage makes one feel better, it's transient of course, but
a very real effect CAN be discerned...But I think you're being naive if you
think mosr chiropractors limit their "practice" to back and muscle pain...in
fact they oft claim to be able to "cure" everything from acne to cancer...and
THAT'S quackery and fraud.

<<In short one must wonder.  If homeopathy is just bunk and the compounds
you take are just water (essentially true since the dilutions are so great),
AND there is no harm done if you do take them, THEN why is there such a
strong effort to cast aspersions at it?  Wouldn't it be easier just to ignore
it like science does so many other things that it finds unpalatable?  That is
the rub, and the conspiracy connection.  The interest to debunk what they
claim is worthless, and to suppress things which have no value and also can
cause no harm in and of themselves, causes one to wonder why and paints a
picture of conspiracy to some.>>

Well, you admit that the compounds are just water...and really, what else are
they?
THAT'S the rub...the dilutions ARE so great that they are, just water...and
IF water has "memory" wouldn't the water that is used in the preperation of
homeopathic cures ALSO "remember" every rock, pipe, fish...that EVER touched
it?? OR is there some importance to the "tapping" of the container...If I'm
to buy THAT...well...that's assinine...right??
It's CLEAR that any respectable doctor CANNOT recommend homeopathic water
to her patients...to do so would be reckless and a dereliction of duty and
would expose said MD to legal action by the patient.Can you see the trial???
"So your patient had a brain tumor and you prescribed...WATER???"

"That's not water...that's an expertly prepared homeopathic remedy"

"Doc...we had this "remedy" analyzed by the top labs in the country...ALL
came back with the same finding...it's water...and it's not that clean
either..."

PLEASE, not EVERY suppressed treatment is valid...homeopathy and chiropractic
are clearly proof...

Bill.