-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 000109b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE BULLETIN WHEN YOU REPLY; CUT/PASTE, EH?
* No evil overlords or minions were harmed to produce of this bulletin...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ 100 Things I'll Do If I Ever Become An Evil OverLord:
  http://www.angelfire.com/ar/arislyn/overlord.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Believers expect Second Coming to occur on outskirts of Edinburgh. One of
  Britain's most mysterious churches, which is said to house the Holy Grail,
  has become the focus of speculation about the imminent second coming of
  Jesus Christ. Believers have lately been visiting the tiny 15th-century
  Rosslyn chapel on the outskirts of Edinburgh, convinced that it is the
  site where Christ will reappear, as predicted in the Book of Revelation.
  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/UK/This_Britain/edinburgh311299.shtml

: If Jesus doesn't return to Rosslyn, should Scotland be burnt down? If He
does return, what'll we do with all the empty cars? Do you have insurance??

@ Advocacy Committee for Human Experimentation Survivors & Mind Control,
  known as MC-ACHES: http://www.aches-mc.org
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Head of foot cult steps down - God told him it was time to walk away.
  (Tokyo) THE leader of a Japanese cult who read his followers' fortunes in
  the soles of their feet said yesterday that he was resigning on advice
  from God. The cult, Hono Hana Sanpogyo - the Flower of Law and the Three
  Law Practice - is facing lawsuits totalling £337 million over fraud
  <www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=000271261842766&pg=/et/99/12/2/wcult02.html>
  allegations. The leader, Hogen Fukunaga, 54, denies the charges. He said
  he heard "a voice from heaven" on New Year's Day which told him to resign.
  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=000271261842766&pg=/et/00/1/8/wjap08.html

: Do your deities provide good legal advice? Have you broken any divine laws
lately? Are they harder to follow than mundane laws? Are they hard on feet?

@ Paranormal Voices Say: Death No End: http://xs4all.nl/~wichm/deathnoe.html
@ Longdendale - The Haunted Valley: http://www.hauntedvalley.com/index.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Old cells give new clones. (BBC) Six cloned calves are created from
  cells kept in the lab for three months, much longer than ever before.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_593000/593121.stm

: Do you have any old cells you'd like to have cloned? Do you carefully dis-
pose of your hair & nail clippings so malefactors can't clone you? Do you
spread old cell around, hoping you WILL be cloned? Are you worth cloning??

@ Urban Legends - the complete reference: http://www.snopes.com
# Biotech advances spook Canucks - GM foods top list of techno-fears:
  http://www.ottawacitizen.com/national/000108/3405758.html
# Georgia could become a world leader in cloning research:
  http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/2000/01/08/cloning.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Reptoids.com - "...dedicated to studying the reptilian image within the
  UFO phenomena." This site should not be viewed by young children. "There
  are good humans. There are evil humans. There are good reptilians. There
  are evil reptilians." this web site is guaranteed to scare the corprolite
  out of you. Is that a good thing? R U nervous? http://www.reptoids.com/

: Have you encountered any Reptoids lately? Did they loan you money? Much??
How many humans are really disguised Reptoids? Have you dissected them all?

# UFOs In China, New Zealand, SoCal, And Maine:
  http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/filers192000.htm
# China Enters Millennium On Serious UFO Quest:
  http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/quest.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Clinton Scandal Documents to Be Put on Internet. NEW YORK — Documents from
  the sex scandal that led to the impeachment of Pres. Clinton in connection
  with his affair with Monica Lewinsky will be posted in their entirety on
  the Internet next week. Random House said that the documents, used exten-
  sively for a new book on the scandal, would be available next Tuesday,
  Jan. 11, at www.vastconspiracy.com. [sorry, no link to story available]

: Do you want to know more about the Clinton/Lewinsky thang? Don't you ever
get enough? Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself? Do you still smoke cigars?

@ Yeltsin: End of an era: http://www.cnn.com/yeltsin
# Genealogical Experts Link Elvis To Jimmy Carter:
  http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/elvis.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Successful AIDS Treatment In Canada Said Suppressed For Over Two Years -
  AIDS Cure Invented By Oklahoma General Practitioner. What NIH did not
  know at the time was Precious had stopped taking the drugs it prescribed
  her under its protocol. What has the NIH discovered since, that it hasn't
  disclosed? http://www3.50megs.com/medical/aids/aidscure.html

: Have you developed any cheap cures lately? Have they been suppressed by
govt agencies, the pharmaceutical industry, demons, aliens, robots, me??

# Big Brother, small package - New low-cost biometric fingerprint readers
  funded by government, privacy loss feared. We'll get your eyeballs next:
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/20000109_xex_big_brother_.shtml
# The case of the strange conspiracy -  Police suspect a terrorist plot,
  but by whom?? http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/000117/terror.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

ANOTHER DAMNED EDITOR'S NOTE: I've recently become a media star.  Yow.
Scriber Rob Brezhny cited me [ http://www.realastrology.com ] as the
source of the "100 Things I'll Do If I Become An Evil OverLord" piece
[ canonical source: http://www.angelfire.com/ar/arislyn/overlord.html ]
and the emails have poured in ever since.  I vaguely remember posting
that bit somewhere, last month.  It's just one of those things that blew
in and, on a slow day, I passed it on.  But people thank me for it, tell
me they love me, want me to send them a copy.  My instinctive response
was, "Hey, search http://www.google.com for EVIL OVERLORD, then email
me a nude picture of yourself."  No luscious .GIFs have arrived yet, so
maybe that was the wrong tack.  Whatever.  I'm told that the piece is
now being circulated amongst a community of would-be screenwriters, as a
cautionary note against clichés.  Yeah, like that'll do a lot of good.
Am I too cynical?  What's your favorite cliché?  Is it sexy?  Cya --Ric

  "We can sit idly by and covet our neighbor's riches or we can take
   action and make those same things our own.  Because, seriously, he
   can't watch his stuff 24/7, right?" http://www.SleazyTabloid.com

* Rev. Ric Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.da.ru * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* THE OFFICIAL MAILING LIST OF THE *SEVENTY*SEVENTH* MILLENNIUM!!