</A> -Cui Bono?-

In a message dated 01/16/2000 9:54:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Interestingly, the Americans have gone totally silent on the plant ever
 since.  Further, I have detected no other mention in any other western
 media I receive at our offices.  I personally believe it was a beat up
 that failed in gaining other western nations' support.  I believe it was
 all oil politics at the time. >>

It sounds like the kind of intelligence we get from our CIA.  Sometimes I
think they really spend their time reading bad fiction, and just include that
in their reports.  Perhaps if the CIA gave aptitude tests before taking them
on it might improve things.  For some reason or other someone or other just
doesn't understand that everyone isn't cut out to do that kind of work, and
it's really better not to hire them.
Alas but true, the oil politics seem to dictate most of our foreign policy,
but it's embarrassing when our people try to use scams that wouldn't fool a
two year old.  The CIA must be of the same stamp as the people who were sure
that the American public really didn't know what oral sex was and thus kept
explaining it in smaller and smaller words on the six 'o clock news.  Prudy