</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000125d - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE BULLETIN WHEN YOU REPLY; CUT/PASTE, EH?
* No telepathic aborigines were harmed during production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ WorldSpeak Systems: http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/voices.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# How Comets Might Seed Planets. Like giant interstellar sperm, comets might
  transport the seeds of life from collapsed space clouds to fledgling and
  otherwise barren planets, depositing life-giving substances in a colossal
  impact. If this controversial theory gains support it would be a shot in
  the arm for an idea more than 20 years old: that life on Earth originated
  in space. It may also explain how life emerged so quickly after our planet
  formed, and it certainly proposes that life is not as rare or as tough to
  kick-start as we might think. "Life is not at all mysterious." But I am.
  http://www.space.com/science/planetearth/dna_spacegerm_000124.html

@ Link - Cosmic ancestry and panspermia: http://www.panspermia.org/
# Also - New Molecule Found In Comet May Unlock Solar System Origins:
  http://www.space.com/science/solarsystem/halebopp_991015.html
# Germs from Outer Space! Researchers Say Flu Bugs Rain Down from Beyond:
  http://www.space.com/science/planetearth/flu_in_space_000121.html
# NASA’s Comet-Catcher Spacecraft Trims Course to Ready for Flyby in 2004:
  http://www.space.com/space/stardust_trim_991229.html

: Are comet-sperm sent by deities? Are comets indistinguishable from gods?
Would'ya rather be fathered by a comet, star, deity/demon, robot, alien, me?

@ Etymology of "God" - http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06608x.htm
@ Existence of God: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06608b.htm
@ Nature/Attributes of God: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06612a.htm
@ Relation of God & Universe: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06614a.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ KOGI - Children of the Next 1000 Years. He said that in Columbia there
  was an aboriginal tribe deep in the Amazon jungle called the Kogi. They
  had no language and "spoke" only telepathically to each other. They were
  able to "travel" out of body clearly and knew everything that was
  happening around the world, though they had never physically left their
  homeland. The Kogi see us as "dead". http://www.drunvalo.net/kogi.html

@ THE NIBIRUAN COUNCIL: "Serving the Worlds"  of the Galactic Federation...
  welcomes Lightworkers, Starseeds, Walk-ins, and all who seek the higher
  perspective of universal and mankind's history...to recode their DNA...
  and to become multi-dimensional again... http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/

: Are you seen as dead? Have you ever been multi-dimensional? How many dim-
ensions have'ya occupied? Are you telepathic but primitive? Compared to who?

@ Mission To Mars pix: http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=5087
@ When a President sees a UFO: http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/presufo.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# A New Asian Space Race Emerges. WASHINGTON (Space.Com) -- The contest
  <http://www.space.com/space/yir_spacebiz_ahead_991231.html> for global
  profits in commercial space transportation is about to get a new player.
  South Korean President Kim Dae Jung has set a five-year initiative to
  design, build and launch a commercial space cargo rocket, and to use the
  rocket to create a commercial launch business in South Korea. Not playing
  around: http://www.space.com/space/business/korea_space_000124.html

: Has your nation entered the space race? Do you have alien technology? Do
you need ETs to jump-start your efforts? Have you kidnapped any ETs lately?
Are your ETs smarter/better/weirder than our ETs? Do you have sex with them?

# Astronomers Eye 'Twilight Zone' Search for Vulcanoids:
  http://www.space.com/space/chasing_asteroids_000124.html
# 'Great show-off' black hole: microquasar producing massive shock waves.
  http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Jan00/Eikenberry.blackholes.deb.html

# The Great Big Telescope - A huge telescope under construction in a remote
  West Virginia valley will listen for whispers from the heavens. Old one
  collapsed in 1988: http://www.popsci.com/scitech/features/telescope/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Huang had anti-missile documents - Why was Chinagate figure supposed to
  sell Patriots to South Korea? What are the Clinton-China-Huang links?
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/20000125_xex_huang_had_an.shtml

# Beijing's spies stole Canadian nuclear secrets - Clone of Slowpoke reactor
  developed after Chalk River lab 'picked clean' - Canadian developer loses
  sales: http://www.globeandmail.com/gam/National/20000124/UCHINN.html

: Are you a Chinese spy? Who do you really work for? What technologies have
you stolen lately? Would you rather steal secrets from Americans, Canadians,
Reptilioids, Tibetans? Are you so incapable of developing new technologies
yourself that you're compelled to steal them? Are you really stupid? Are we?

# China Says U.S.-Based Researcher Confesses Crimes:
  http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000125/ts/china_usa_3.html
# Choose your superpower - Australia in dilemma over allying with U.S.
  versus China: http://www.afr.com.au/content/000125/news/news5.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Slash and Burn: A Lifestyle. (Wired) The pictures of people slicing up
  their bodies on a Toronto man's Web site could go in the Sick and Disgus-
  ting file, but it's a strong community for those who need to mod their
  bods. http://wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,33732,00.html?tw=wn20000125

: What changes d'ya need to make to your body; to my body; to their bodies?
Are these changes for pleasure, punishment, necessity, communication, sex??

# Man Shot Dead at Calif Sikh Temple - Angry He Wasn't Allowed to Speak:
  http://www.apbnews.com/newscenter/breakingnews/2000/01/24/sikh0124_01.html
@ The Third Letter of Fatima: "The punishments predicted in the Third Secret
have already begun": www.earthchangestv.com/breaking/December/1224fatima.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Hack Takes Aim at AOL Clients. (Wired) A security breach in the sign-up
  process for AOL Instant Messenger allows hackers to open new accounts
  using the names of existing users. I am he as you are me and you are we:
  http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,33881,00.html?tw=wn20000125

# Outpost Leaves Data Unguarded. (Wired) Outpost.com lets you track your
  orders online -- and everyone else's too. A security glitch leaves names,
  purchases, email, and shipping address exposed. Oops! Is our face red!!
  http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,33842,00.html?tw=wn20000125

: Are your identities/data/self secure? Are you camouflaged as someone else?
Who? Are you really me? Am I really you? What do you know about my drugs??

# TAKING YOUR VITAL SIGNS ON THE ROAD. Imagine an implant that monitors your
  vital signs - and send the info to your doctor's office instantly. Sounds
  sci-fi, but this technology is coming - look for a prototype at the end of
  the year. http://healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=26222

  "Televangelists: The Pro Wrestlers of religion." --anon

* Rev. R.Carter, ULC * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Sex, Dope, Art, Paranormal, Conspiracy
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm