</A> -Cui Bono?-

From: "Bill Kingsbury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  Former White House aide Chuck Colson, the Christian
>  advocate who runs Prison Fellowship Ministries, and
>  former Reagan secretary of education Bill Bennett, now
>  codirector of Empower America, wrote a critical op-ed
>  article that appeared in the Wall Street Journal. They
>  called the Clinton position "hard to fathom," especially
>  when the Clinton/Gore team purports to be pro-woman.
>  "There can be no meaningful "consent to one's own sexual
>  exploitation," they added, "particularly when one lives
>  in poverty and desperate circumstances."

As opposed to all the other exploitation women -- and men --
are subjected to, particularly when they live in poverty and
desperate circumstances?

I think all 'victimless' crimes should be decriminalized,
and that includes prostitution.  It's only through
decriminalization that prostitutes will be able to gain
control of their form of livelihood...

>  "Is prostitution forced upon a young woman whose family
>  tells her they will starve if she does not sell her
>  body?" the congressmen asked,

So, is it any different forcing that same young woman to
work in a sweatshop for pennies a day, often in conditions
which risk life and limb, because her family tells her they
will starve if she doesn't?

Wouldn't it be better if prostitution was decriminalized,
prostitutes be licensed (a condition of licensing would be
to require periodic health exams to assure the prostitute
was disease-free), and they could set themselves up in
business just like any 'legitimate' professional?

And BTW, I am no fan of either the Clintons, or the U.N....

June