From: "Catherine Austin Fitts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The lead story on Netscape tonight says that McCain is 3 points behind Bush
in South Carolina and that Bush so far has raised $73 MM and has $20MM left.
That means that if and when Bush loses in South Carolina this Saturday, he
will have spent $53 MM for a losing run. When this much money goes into a
loss that exposes the whole network to a swarm, the way that everyone deals
with getting hung out with big money backing the loser is to try to shift
the blame to the loser. The swarm that was for Bush turns against them as
folks try to cut deals to join the winning teams or to protect themselves
from attack by the winners. I do not know who is feeding Skolnick and
Harpers etc all their information on the Bush networks drug dealing and
financial fraud, but if George W. loses on Saturday, the swarm may build
into a feeding frenzy. If  McCain does not win, but it is a close race, the
leaking could get even rougher.

That means that either way, it may be an idea time to shine the light back
on Mena and the Denver Connection..

=======================================

                                         McCain Picks Up Endorsement of
Former Rival
                                          Bauer

                                          GREENVILLE, S.C. (Reuters) -
Republican presidential candidate John
                                          McCain, saying he senses
enthusiasm for his campaign growing, received
                                          the endorsement on Wednesday of a
former rival, conservative activist Gary
                                          Bauer.

                                          With Texas Gov. George W. Bush
trying to strengthen his support among
                                          South Carolina Republicans, the
McCain campaign hoped Bauer's
                                          endorsement would help with
Christian conservatives, a leading political force
                                          in the state.

                                          McCain, the senator from Arizona
who is running an insurgent campaign, and
                                          Bush, the heavy favorite of the
Republican leadership, were running
                                          neck-and-neck in the closing days
before Saturday's crucial primary.

                                          A Reuters poll released on
Wednesday showed Bush with a 43 percent to 40
                                          percent lead over McCain a
statistical dead heat within the poll's margin of
                                          error of four percentage points.

                                          The poll of 607 likely voters
conducted on Monday and Tuesday by Zogby
                                          International showed 13 percent of
the voters were still undecided. The third
                                          Republican in the race, Alan
Keyes, got 4 percent.

                                          The primary has become a crucial
test in the battle for the Republican
                                          presidential nomination but the
race is volatile because independents and
                                          Democrats both targeted by
McCain -- are allowed to vote in the Republican
                                          contest on Saturday.

                                          Bauer called McCain, a former POW
during the Vietnam War, ''the best shot
                                          we have to end an era of Bill and
Hillary (Clinton) and (Vice President) Al
                                          Gore and so with great pride and
without any hesitation I am proud to be here
                                          to endorse John McCain.

                                          ``I know when John was in that POW
camp he wasn't sitting around thinking
                                          about the wealth of America or the
power of America,'' Bauer told a rally at
                                          Furman University. ``He was
thinking about that moral idea of America.''

                                          The three remaining candidates
held their final debate before the primary on
                                          Tuesday night with McCain and Bush
accusing each other of below-the-belt
                                          campaign tactics.

                                          Traveling on his ``Straight Talk
Express'' bus on Wednesday, McCain said he
                                          sensed the same kind of enthusiasm
building for him in South Carolina as in
                                          the surge which swept him to
victory in the New Hampshire primary two
                                          weeks ago.

                                          ``In New Hampshire in the last 48
hours or so we saw movement,'' McCain
                                          said. ``That may be the case here
too.''

                                          Asked about his debate appearance,
McCain said, ``I thought it was just fine.
                                          My goal was to convince people
that I am presidential.''

                                          Trying to present a picture of
momentum moving his way, the McCain
                                          campaign announced that California
Secretary of State Bill Jones would
                                          switch on Wednesday from the Bush
camp to backing the Arizona senator.

                                          The campaign said Jones, the only
Republican elected to statewide office in
                                          California, would be the highest
ranking Republican to leave Bush for McCain.

                                          Bush traveled to Hilton Head on
Wednesday morning for a ''One-on-One''
                                          session and said he was satisfied
with his performance in the debate, which
                                          he described as ``fairly
cordial.''

                                          ``From my perspective, I wanted to
say some things and I had a chance to
                                          say them,'' Bush said.

                                          The Bush campaign acknowledged
that the governor, who has raised
                                          campaign funds at a record level,
is spending at a record clip because he
                                          been running everywhere and not
picking his spots like McCain. Bush has
                                          raised about $73 million and as of
Jan. 31 had $20 million on hand, the
                                          campaign said.

                                          ``I'm the one who is running in
every city. I don't get to pick and choose,''
                                          Bush said. ``I'm a national
candidate with a national message.''

                                          But the campaign denied Bush was
adding fund-raising events to his
                                          schedule to make up for dwindling
coffers. ``We're spending more money
                                          than we would have had we won New
Hampshire but we're on a budget that
                                          we had developed in advance,''
campaign spokeswoman Karen Hughes said.

                                          Asked about the Bauer endorsement
of his rival, Bush replied, ``Everybody
                                          has got a right to endorse who
they want to endorse.''

                                          Bauer, who was an official in the
Reagan administration before becoming an
                                          activist in anti-abortion and
conservative causes, dropped out of the
                                          Republican race on Feb. 4, after
finishing last in the New Hampshire primary
                                          with about 1 percent of the vote.

                                          Previous Article: Russian Security
Council Secretary to Visit U.S.
                                          Next Article: U.S. Says
Cyber-Crime Poses Huge Threat

                       Help   |   Site Map   |   Company Information   |
How to Get Netscape Products   |   Advertise With Us   |   Add Site
                       Autos   |   Business   |   Computing & Internet   |
Education   |   Entertainment   |   Family   |   Games   |   Health   |
                       Lifestyles   |   Local   |   Netscape   |   Netscape
Open Directory   |   News   |   Personal Finance   |   Real Estate   |
Shopping   |
                       Small Business   |   Sports   |   Travel

                       (c) 1999 Netscape, All Rights Reserved. Legal &
Privacy Notices
                       This site powered by Netscape SuiteSpot servers.

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0
percent Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers,
Rewards Points, no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and
get the credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at