From: "Linda Minor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I don't pretend to know how to figure out this mess.  But I do have a small
idea about how the political system works.  It is operated by networks under
a masonic structure--all the way from the brain trust down to the lowly
ditch digger.  The name of the game is jobs.  That's why people don't speak
out against the little things they see in their work that they feel
instinctively are wrong; they have a family to support.  Because the system
is entrenched in this way, it is thoroughly pervasive within the government.
The men who did understand how the system got started tried to put a
structure of protection into the legal framework to prevent this type of
looting to take place.  But the brain trust is always there devising ways
around it.  In order to fight the end result, we have to understand how laws
are written and interpreted--on a piecemeal basis.  Courts do not look at an
overview or a theory.  They must isolate the facts to one situation and
determine whether that scenario conforms to the statute creating it.  They
analyze the enabling legislation for the governmental entity--such as the
Port Authority--and all court cases interpreting that or similar statutes.

In my opinion, all legislation involving port authorities--whether in New
York, Boston, Baltimore, New Orleans, Houston, etc.--is very political.
Historically, that was the first bastion of the drug cartels--before
railroads, airplanes, and any other form of transportation.  The
international trade in commodities, slaves and drugs knew they had to
control the ports.  They used profits to bribe officials to appoint their
people to the boards of the authorities that controlled them.  They then
were able to control the bond issues and the revenue stream.

The only way to defeat this system is for more people to learn how these
financing schemes work.  The politicians want money to finance campaigns.
The people with the money are there to create money for the politician as
long as they are given the control over these types of governmental
authorities.  If you read Pete Brewton's book, you can see how he connected
Ned Holmes, chairman of the Houston Port Authority, to the county judge, Jon
Lindsay, who made sure Holmes got the appointment.  Then Holmes chaired
Lindsay's reelection committee every year.  Brewton also tied Holmes into a
secret investment group, that I have attempted to follow up on.  It leads to
the P&O shipping company.  If you look at Dope, Inc., you can follow P&O
back to Jardine, Matheson, the original bond company for opium.

Linda Minor

>>However, any governmental agency that was a profit center (the Port
Authority for New Jersey, the New Jersey Turnpike, and investment accounts,
etc.) that generated no-tax revenue was "restricted by statute from being
reported in the Annual Budget.   Why? Because the state legislature passed
laws to prevent reporting the income from profit center on the Budget.
Instead, income from these profit centers was disclosed only on the CAFR.

But that disclosure was not immediately apparent.   For example, when Mr.
Burien looked for New Jersey’s 1989 "gross cash receipts" in the CAFR, he
found the figure buried on page 174, under the "Waste Water Treatment Trust
Fund."   It showed the amount of the total cash receipts for 1989 from all
69 autonomous state agencies and departments was almost $87 billion.   In
other words, New Jersey was charging $87 billion to provide $17 billion in
public services.   New Jersey citizens were paying $5 for every $1 in
services they received, and the state was pocketing the other $4 as
"profit."

The CAFR also reported the state owned $32 billion in common stocks - but
this figure was footnoted.  The footnote revealed that the stocks were
valued according to their original purchase price, not the current market
value.   In other words, if the state bought a stock in 1968 at $1.25 a
share and it’s worth $3,000 a share now, they still report it on the CAFR as
worth $1.25 a share.   Burien determined that the true market value for the
"$32 billion" in stocks reported on the New Jersey CAFR was actually about
$70 billion.<<