</A> -Cui Bono?-

Interesting speculation regarding the movie and its connection to dubya.  I am
intrigued by the connection with the fraternity and the idea that the son was a member
of Skull and Bones just to please Bush Sr.

On Tue, 29 February 2000, Kris Millegan wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-   <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">
> </A> -Cui Bono?-
>
> from:
> http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/3750/skull.htm
> Click Here: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/3750/skull.htm">The
> Bush Watch</A>
> -----
> BORED BY BUSH BAMBOOZLES?
> Subscribe to "Inside Bush Watch" and you'll
> get the stuff we don't report at "Bush Watch."
> Breaking news and broken promises.
> Quotes, jokes, blokes, and tokes.
> For you? Free. Such a deal!
> (Click on "JoinList")

> BUSH AT YALE (See FAQ)
> The Skulls is a new Universal Studios feature starring Joshua Jackson and
> Paul Walker about a young man's initiation into a secret society at an
> unnamed university in New Haven, Connecticut. Duh. Reportedly, Skull and
> Bones, a very secret sort of group, sent its members a note to dummy up. Too
> late. The movie's due out the end of March, and whatever the scriptwriters
> didn't know about Skull and Bones, they just interpolated events based on
> what they knew about George W. Bush's time at Yale.
>
> Slate reporter Timothy Noah opines that "the note may have been sent out in
> response to a very specific threat to Bones' presidential candidate
> [Bush].... The movie is obviously a takedown of Skull & Bones.... For the
> Bush camp, the fact that Hollywood is making an establishment-conspiracy
> movie about Skull & Bones (many of whose members, Bush père included, have
> ended up working for one of Hollywood's favorite whipping boys, the CIA) is
> bad enough. But check out the trailer, which includes a scene in which
> initiates get branded." Although Skull and Bones' members are sworn to
> absolute secrecy, there have never been rumors of branding within that
> hallowed institution.
>
> However, Bush watchers "have heard about branding in connection with George
> W.'s youthful exploits in another Yale organization, the Delta Kappa Epsilon
> fraternity. Deke's branding rituals were attacked by the Yale Daily News ("a
> degrading, sadistic and obscene process") and then became the subject of a
> story in the New York Times that quoted Yale senior and past Deke president
> George W. Bush as likening the branding to "a cigarette burn." [We recall
> that Bush told the reporter that in tuff Texas fraternity initiates are
> treated to electric cattle prods.] Surely this conflation of Bones rituals
> and Deke rituals constitutes a deliberate attack on George W."
>
> Noah is amused that the movie takes a Bush fraternity misadventure and brands
> it as part "of the Bones conspiracy, because, as Nicholas Lemann, who
> profiled George W. recently in The New Yorker, points out, George W. is "much
> more of a Deke than a Bonesman." Indeed, in First Son, Bill Minutaglio's
> biography of George W., the author suggests that George W.'s membership in
> [...]

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey
AltaVista     Smart is Beautiful     http://www.altavista.com

Raging Bull?  Sleeping Bear?  Live stock quotes at AltaVista Live!
http://money.altavista.com