</A> -Cui Bono?-

NSA's Snooper Bugs?
By Robert M. Collins
http://home.sprintmail.com/~rigoletto/reports/nsa_snooper_bugs.ht
2-17-2000

UPDATE
The NSA's Snooper Bugs

Last October, 1999, one of my sources found a small black stubby
device attached to the phone lines going to his computer at work:
He
also found

one
of these devices attached to the phone lines on the outside of his
father's house in Albuquerque. Since my source has excellent
connections to people in the state of New Mexico he was able to
verify
the identity of two NSA people who had moved into an apartment
down
the street from his father's house.

As
soon as those NSA people knew they had been identified they
"flew the
coop" as they say. Source's own NSA people have look at at these
stubby devices and said they were made by NSA. The devices are
short ~
2 inches long and black with a small antenna, having two lady size
wristwatch batteries and two wires with alligator clips to attach to a
phone line (see figure at bottom): The device transmits in a
frequency
range of 1.4 to 4 MHz and has a range of

one
mile where the signal is received by a local receiving station. The
obvious question would be why NSA et al go through all the trouble
of
planting phone bugs when there are so many other ways to
intercept
email or phone calls: The answer I was given is that it's much easier
to have a dedicated "tap" rather than try and sort through thousands
of emails or phone calls to find yours and then to formally request
that information. The dedicated "tap" goes right to the people who
want the information. Please see NSA Phone Tap for the

time
in 1998 when we traced the "tap" on the home phone line in
Tucson, Az
all the way back to NSA at Ft Meade.

--
Kathleen

Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day; but a
series of oppressions, begun at a distinguishe
d period,
and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers too plainly proves a
deliberate,
systematic plan of reducing us to slavery.
- Thomas Jefferson.

This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://huizen.dds.nl/~phranc/