</A> -Cui Bono?-

My problem with the "if you do that, you'll go to hell" scenario is
that it makes one's salvation dependent upon "good works." And people
use that as rationalization for just about anything. "I can do
whatever, because I can make it up doing 'good works'." Many people
also use the salvation by faith scenario to justify doing all kinds of
bad things: "I can sin all I want to; God will forgive me." Both are
sheer hypocrisy. If one truly has faith, then from that faith flows the
desire to do good. You're not doing it in anticipation of the reward
either now or later, but because the faith inspires you to serve, and
to give.

Tenorlove
hoping that makes sense
http://im.yahoo.com