</A> -Cui Bono?-

an excerpt from:
Treason's Peace
Howard Watson Armbruster©1947
A Crossroads Press Book
Beechurst Press
New York
438 pps.  -- First/Only Edition -- Out-of Print
--[14]--

CHAPTER  XIV
Again, Espionage and Sabotage

        A" . . . STRUCTURE of espionage," which made "weekly and monthly
reports to Germany . . . They were soldiers in the army of Germany."

So said Francis P. Garvan, Alien Property Custodian, in 1919, when denouncing
certain American agents of I.G. Dyes.

    An  instrument so aptly devised for espionage pur-poses. Persons were
carried on the payroll of the General Aniline and Film Corporation who were
unknown in the company. There was a constant traffic in German agents who
would be employed by General Aniline and Film Corporation for a few months
and then moved on to other fields.

So said Henry Morgenthau, Jr., Secretary of the Treasury, in 1942, when
denouncing certain of the successors of I.G. Dyes (including some of the same
individuals who had been involved in Mr. Garvan's charges).

The part played by Bayer's Schweitzer and other I.G. Dyes agents as saboteurs
in World War I need not be repeated. Over two decades later another
Government official, who like Garvan, had spent months digging beneath the
surface of the activities of the dye trust agents in this country before and
during World War II made precisely the same charges which Garvan, in his
attempts to induce senatorial action, had first made years previously.

This later official indictment of Farben's espionage and saboteurs in a