</A> -Cui Bono?-

Too bad this is a rare and unique circumstance.  The police should finally be put on
notice that they are not immune to the laws that the rest of us must follow.  I have
noted in the past that an attitude of "they are all guilty" that permeates the police
forces across the country, justifies in THEIR minds (NOTE: SOME police fall in this
category, I am NOT indicting all of them) the excessive force and lethality they use.
Thus if someone reaches for something (Diallo) it is ASSUMED it is a gun, BUT even
worse it is assumed that they have the right to KILL in a ridiculous hail of gunfire,
rather than to subdue, or bring the SUSPECT (note; they are NOT guilty of anything,
yet, at least) down.
I will be happy when I see more of these cases resolved in this manner.

On Tue, 14 March 2000, Richard Sampson wrote:

> Smith Found Guilty
>
>               By RACHEL GOTTLIEB
>               The Hartford Courant
>               March 14, 2000
>
>               LITCHFIELD - For the first time in Connecticut history,
>               and in one of the few times ever, a sworn police officer
>               was found guilty by a jury Monday for an on-duty
>               shooting.

<<snip>>

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com