</A> -Cui Bono?-

--- "Robert F. Tatman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<<The problem is not so much with Prozac, which can be a genuine
Godsend (ask my wife, who was brought out of a major depression by
Prozac), as it is with the Western healthcare establishment, which sees
drugs as panaceas and ignores the need to address what, for want of a
better term, I can only call the spiritual element in psychiatric
disorders.>>

And not just the healthcare establishment -- our whole society seems to
want a pill for everything. I was told, by a former friend who is a
public school teacher -- that I should put my now 6 year old on Ritalin
-- when he was TWENTY MONTHS OLD!!! Even my pediatrician said that was
ridiculous. My son is very physical, but he does not in any way have
ADD or ADHD. I'm watching him play solitaire on his computer right now
-- he is totally focused and sitting still, except for the hand that is
moving the mouse. A kid with ADHD couldn't do that. I think a lot of
psychological/spiritual/behavioral problems would not exist to the
degree that they do today if people placed more emphasis on each other
and not on the constant acquisition of stuff.

Tenorlove,
writing this with her other son scrunched in the chair beside her

http://im.yahoo.com