</A> -Cui Bono?-

Date sent:              Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:05:04 -0800
From:                   David Jinks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                [M-TRAC - MSAA] FAX TO GOLDIN and others
To:                     cy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Remember those pictures of Cydonia we got in April of 1998? Well, it's
time to get more. It may be pitiful, but our power to annoy the hell out
of these fax recipients is the biggest weapon we have. I urge everyone
who hasn't already done so to fax them NOW. We've got five days to force
Dr. Malin to take more images. Feel free to copy this letter and
substitute your name if you want to. The volume of the faxing is more
important than what the fax actually says, since we know they stop
reading after they see the word "Cydonia" anyway!

ATTN:  Dan Goldin, Administrator, NASA 202-358-2810
Senator John McCain, 202-228-2862
 Ted Koppel, ABC 202-222-7976
Ted Koppel, ABC 202-222-7680
 CNN 404-681-3578
 White House 202-456-2461
 Pat Buchanan 703-734-2705

Dear Dr. Goldin,

We are writing to express our deep interest in research conducted by
investigators Dr. Tom Van Flandern, Stanley McDaniel, Dr. Horace Crater,
Dr. Mark Carlotto and others. Each of these extremely serious scientists
has produced very compelling, if controversial, evidence that several
features in the Cydonia region of Mars may be of artificial origin.

On March 22, 2000, the Mars Global Surveyor will pass over Cydonia once
again. Given this prime opportunity to put the controversy to rest once
and for all at minimum expense to taxpayers, WE DEMAND THAT NASA
RE-IMAGE THE REGION, IN FULL RESOLUTION, WITH IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF THE
SCIENTIFIC RESULTS VIA THE WORLD WIDE WEB. No other alternative is
acceptable.

Dr. Goldin, as a public servant, you have the power to effect a serious
change in the way the public views this information. As a taxpayer
supporting the space agency's activities, we demand a higher level of
science and professionalism regarding the very important question of
artifacts on Mars.

We urge you to do everything in your power to 1) direct the space agency
to focus its efforts on obtaining more images of the Cydonia region on
March 22 and during the remainder of Mars Global Surveyor's mapping
mission, and 2) to initiate a national dialogue on the possibility of
artifacts at Cydonia.

Rest assured that there are thousands upon thousands of us who are ready
and willing to support you in all your future efforts regarding these
important subjects, if you will only answer the challenge.

Sincerely,

David Jinks, MBA
Dr. Paula Sommerville

"I have it on excellent authority that JPL wants no major discoveries on
Mars because they oppose manned landings. They want to keep it an
academic exercise," Brandenburg charges. "Mars needs to be turned over
to Johnson Space Center in Houston."

 -- plasma physicist John Brandenburg