In a message dated 03/24/2000 12:28:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
  Spy Hunter
  ~~~~~~~~~
  The CIA loses track of one of its operatives, and so calls in one of their
  top spy hunters.

  The CIA boss says, "All I can tell you is that his name is Murphy and that
  he's somewhere in Ireland. If you think you've located him, tell him the
  code words, 'The weather forecast calls for mist in the morning.' If it's
  really him, he'll answer, 'Yes, and for mist at noon as well.'"

  So the spy hunter goes to Ireland and stops in a bar in one of the small
  towns.  He says to the bartender, "Maybe you can help me. I'm looking for
  a guy named Murphy."

  The bartender replies, "You're going to have to be more specific because,
  around here, there are lots of guys named Murphy.  There's Murphy the
  Baker, who runs the pastry shop on the next block.  There's Murphy the
  Banker, who's president of our local savings bank.  There's Murphy the
  Blacksmith, who works at the stables.  And, as a matter of fact, my name
  is Murphy, too."

  Hearing this, the spy hunter figures he might as well try the code words
  on bartender, so he says, "The weather forecast calls for mist in the
  morning."

  The bartender replies, "Oh, you're looking for Murphy the Spy.  He lives
  right down the street." >>

This reminds me of the time the new CIA headquarters was being built.  A real
estate developer wanted to build apartments near it, but he couldn't find out
the exact location or how many people were going to work there.  Every query
was answered by his being told all that information was classified.  Finally
a friend told him to try calling the Russian Embassy and asking them.  The
clerk who answered the telephone gave him the exact information he was
looking for.   Prudy

 The Original Joke of the Day                    http://www.joker.org

 Spy Hunter
 ~~~~~~~~~
[...]

 Y O U R   O W N   I N T E R N E T   R A D I O   P R O G R A M S
 Create your own free Internet radio programs with 60,000+
 streaming MP3 songs at www.RadioMoi.com .  RIAA approved
 site has pop hits of yesterday and today, pop music, classical,
 jazz, rock, soul, R&B, hip hop, everything from 1911 to 2000.
 !! You pick the tunes at http://www.RadioMoi.com !!

 AOL Users: <a href="http://www.RadioMoi.com">Click Here</a>

 MeMail.com: Delivering The Internet Your Way!

 Joke of the Day
        The Original Email Joke of the Day. Since 1994 we
        have served more jokes than the leading hamburger
        chain has served hamburgers. And we have been
        responsible for half as many cardiac arrests!
        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Subscription Information

 To SUBSCRIBE, send an email to
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 To UNSUBSCRIBE, and to live your life in humourless
 mediocrity, forward this message to
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Important: If you enjoy your free MeMail publications,
 please tell a friend today. Yes, today! :)
 http://www.memail.com

 Advertise!
      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 This copy was delivered to: [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

 Please send your jokes to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 The Famous Joke of the Day One Liner!

 "When I get home my wife greets me with a dry martini and a wet kiss."
  -- James Bond's father explaining married life to young James.