</A> -Cui Bono?-

Tenorlove wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-   <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">
> </A> -Cui Bono?-
>
> --- Nurev Ind Research <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <<But not everyone sees their tribe as defined by clan or race or
> religion or nationality.>>
>
> Hadn't considered that; I had defined "tribe" more tightly.

It seems that " tribalism " is an out growth of the biological or
social necessity of identifying the " other " or potentially
threatening outsider. All social animals have this. Herd animals,
pack animals, and clan animals like anthropoids. Tribalism,
xenophobia, and post exhilic anti-Semitism are all expressions of
this basic phenomenon.

This is such a powerful " drive " that it operates even within a
particular group. Dark and light skinned Blacks. Ashkenazi and
Sephardi Jews. Protestant and Catholic Irish. And...Orthodox,
Muslim, and Catholic Southern ( Yugo ) Slavs.

It was obviously a primary development in human history. The Bible
describes an early development in the forms of clans and tribes.
Then came the development clan/nation/states. Then geographical
City States. Then nationalist states. And now Superstates.

What does it mean to be an American? There is no American race,
religion, language, or clan. But people who don't identify PRIMARILY
as another " tribe " i.e. Mexican, African, Chinese, Korean, wind up
expressing the tribal urge as American.

The Superstate appears to be the outer limit of what tribalism can
recognize as tribal. This is what I base my belief in the ultimate
failure of the New World Order upon. This is why Universal Communism
failed as well. The ideas are too big and vague and diffuse to replace
the more definitive tribal values of " race," religion, nationalism,
occupation, or class.

The backlash against globalization is proof that I'm on the right track.
Islamic fundamentalism is the expression of a religious backlash.
Isolationism, and the issue of sovereignty is the expression of a
nationalistic backlash. And " worker's rights ", and democracy movements
are the expressions of occupational, and class based backlash against
the " Elites " who are the driving force behind globalization.

I hope this helped.

Joshua2